IGNORED

What did you find under your seat?

72ZDave

When I got the 240Z the first thing I did was give her a good bath. Under the seats I found a vintage Datsun patch, vintage Bob Sharp window stick still attached to backing, a pencil that looked like a beaver got to it, and a hypodermic needle and spoon.... I didn't want to think those last two items had any relation to eachother.

Passenger side toolbox had a pair of pliers and a screwdriver. Drivers side box had a pair of mens underpants...( used supplied pliers to remove)... and a box of dried up condoms.

From my '72: Pizza toppings, miscellaneous pvc piping, combination wrench/screwdriver, mysterious pink substance that would not dissolve with any known cleaner, pizza receipt, various screws, fasteners, kid's play jewelry, expired insurance papers. There was more, including one piece of the original carpet, but none of the rest was very memorable.

a hypodermic needle and spoon.... I didn't want to think those last two items had any relation to eachother.

Passenger side toolbox had a pair of pliers and a screwdriver. Drivers side box had a pair of mens underpants...( used supplied pliers to remove)... and a box of dried up condoms.

I would seriously take my whole interior out and clean it after that. Eeewwww.

Cool thread!

When I first got mine, I found a couple really old cigarettes, lots of pennies and best of all the original green 4 speed metal top to the orginal shift knob which I thought was pretty cool.

That's awesome, I found the same exact thing (orig. 4 speed green metal top)

stickcap-1.jpg

Edited by mikewags

I didn't find anything under the seats in my 280Z. It was a one owner car and in the little time I spent around the previous owner that made sense to me. He was a very meticulous individual. His home was spotless, his garage looked like a car had never been in it, the Z had never been smoked in (I made up for that), and even though the car sat in the driveway for quite some time, he said he'd come out and wash it once a week. The only thing I found in it was a pouch in the glovebox that had the warranty booklet, the owner's manual, the guarantee card, and an old insurance card and the window sticker, though it was folded up and showed it's age. It even has the can of air for the collapsible spare, both of which had never been used, along with a sealed bag with 4 lug nuts for the steel wheel in the spare.

Edited by sblake01

sunflower seeds everywhere! and a never opened pack of the kind of gum that tastes like black licorice....i can't think of the name of it. beechnut or something like that.

the po also liked to put stickers everywhere (inside and outside of windshield, dash, under center consul arm rest), and there was a big wad of chewed gum conveniently placed in the corner of the windshield. maybe he was saving it for later.?

i did find the original manual in the glove box that showed the car bought in 1978 in wisconsin. black pearl model.

• 11 months later...

Great thread!!

I didn't find much in my 72 240 when I bought it, perhaps it all fell through the floorboards... :( Did find a few trim pieces and a matchbook from a hotel in the cubbies.

My 82 280ZX I found the usual stuff, gum wrappers, a chewed up pencil, pen caps, unreadable receipts, a short string of fake pearls and a Bernina sewing machine press foot. Every time I clean it I find something else, usually more seat stuffing material (horse hair like stuff).

Keep em rollin guys.

Justin

I found old Castrol plastic oil jar, receipts from 70's chewing gum etc. BUT has anyone found anything inside DOORS? I have.

2 screwdrivers and a LockJaw.

Also im wondering what kind of a mass murderer was PO because there was gazillion shotgun bucks all over trunk.

i recently bought a 240Z that'd been sitting in a barn since 1982 and under the seats i found: 3 dead rats (one mummified LOL), a .50cal bullet, a shotgun cartridge, a set of spare keys for the car, a totally eaten yellow pages from the 80's and a pair of socks! Beat that! By the way, the smell was unreal as you can imagine.