IGNORED

Where are the girls??.

1 Bravo 6

The discussion about the unacceptable comments is spot on.

However, IMO, the biggest obstacle to this web-site/forum/club having a larger female membership is that we tend to be "Guys amongst Guys" more often than we want to admit.

We have a Boobs and Camel-Toe threads. Personally, I find nothing wrong with them, and am not advocating that they be removed or do anything other than let them continue as is. By the title of the thread alone you are forewarned that it may be something that is not suitable for work, or may be something that is objectionable to some. I'm sure that the ladies rarely check those threads, and if they do, they don't mention it. But it has to grate on them. If the ladies decided to put up a "TIGHT BUNS" thread or a "Codpiece or not?" would we be as tolerant?

Next, the obsequious answers and flagrant attempts at "endearment". Let's face it, if you were to be at another site receiving of some of these replies/come-ons, from women that you did not want to encourage...for whatever reason...you'd exit and not return soon...if at all. But that's been the nature of male/female exchange for eons.

IS there a way of making this site more gender-neutral and more enticing to females? I don't know. I don't know that we would want that anymore than we want a site that makes women feel unwelcome.

My 2¢

E

P.S.: Dade, for those of us who remember the 70's and 80's inuendos regarding "eating" a woman, it WAS a direct sexual inuendo. While you may have hoped to obfuscate it by referring to your stomach, that doesn't whitewash it enough to make it lilly white. (And absolutely no offense meant by that comment. Sometimes there are NO hidden agendas or messages.)

Full House's comment WAS offensive due to the openly direct and potentially insulting comment of being fat. While Santa may not object to being called fat, just about everyone else...including men, do object.

I only heard it as "eating out" but that is beyond here nor there. My comment was not offensive and if you read it in the context wich it was its fairly easy to see it isnt. If someone thinks it is they have a wandering mind. If someone wants to make a codpiece thread more power to them. Nothing wrong with the human body. Just because i dont enjoy something doesnt mean it doesnt have the right to be there.

However, IMO, the biggest obstacle to this web-site/forum/club having a larger female membership is that we tend to be "Guys amongst Guys" more often than we want to admit.

We have a Boobs and Camel-Toe threads. ...snip... I'm sure that the ladies rarely check those threads, and if they do, they don't mention it. But it has to grate on them.

Well written E.

I do have a slight difference of opinion on the Boobs and Camel-Toe threads. While they are fun to some of us, I feel that they should not exist on our Z-car list. I may be in the minority here, but I would prefer to not have them on our site for two reasons:

1) It dilutes the focus of our list. Much like we don't discuss v8 Z's or 4wd Chevy trucks, I don't think I want to discuss women's anatomy here.

2) It gives the impression that we do not respect women. That we just want them here for us to drool over their ...parts.

One could argue that you don't have to look at them if you don't like it, but we get the constant reminder of their presence every time we click on new posts.

If it was my list I would not allow them. But that is because I want to have everyone participate in the Z-car discussion.

It would be interesting to hear what the women think. Darbji? NurseLaura? (the only two females I can remember) Anyone? PM me if you prefer.

Al

PS. E. the above isn't directed to specifically to you. You just brought it up. :nervous:

Al

I can see your point, and I can also see the futility of it.

Snap-On, Matco, MAC Tools, DeWalt, and half a dozen other tool manufacturers that cater to the automobile mechanics of the world, use T&A routinely. Why? Because probably 98% of the world's mechanics are men. (And no, this is not an invite for someone to go pull out a World Almanac and start crunching numbers.)

Men, apparently are hard-wired to constantly be on the "prowl" and if they can't go "hunting" like "scoping"...or at least looking. The thought that we should put it away while here....well, you might hide it, but that just means it will continue behind the scenes. I'll guarantee that several members already routinely exchange items that are deemed beyond the limits of the two threads.

Allowing it to be as it is, and your points have merit, actually allows the "safety release" that it requires. Otherwise you'd have dozens of posts with links to other sites under the guise of "check this out!" and THAT would be potentially dangerous to this site. Can you say Virus/Trojan attack?

I personally think that we should try to avoid the blunt and unwelcome statements that even we men react to. Women can be very tolerant of our lecherousness....if we don't rub their noses into it. The key thing, IMO is to be RESPECTFUL of them and treat them as if they were your best friend's wife.

2¢

E

Al

I can see your point, and I can also see the futility of it.

I personally think that we should try to avoid the blunt and unwelcome statements that even we men react to. Women can be very tolerant of our lecherousness....if we don't rub their noses into it. The key thing, IMO is to be RESPECTFUL of them and treat them as if they were your best friend's wife.

2¢

E

As long as her name isn't Pamela...and his isn't Lenny...

seriously Respect is the key, treat every member like Mr. K, his wife, or his secretary, and there will be no issues.

Will

Darbji, we love you. You come here and contribute a lot of information and ask meaningful questions. Forgive the idiots, they can't help themselves. Guys, treat the Ladies with the respect they deserve . . . some of them know more than you do.

P.S. I love the avatar . . .

Hey, thanks! I love you guys, too. I don't think anyone (especially dade280) meant any harm. And for what it's worth I've never been offended by any of our "off color" conversations. I thing I may have even participated in a few. And, by the way, I escaped dade280's stomach quite easily. ROFL

Good Grief !!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I asked was;

What's happened to the other ladies that used to post on this site?????

A good thing we've still got Darbji huhh ??????? it helps to keep our posts more "gentlemanly".

WOW !!!!!! 3 Pages !!!!!!

Rick.

:devious::devious: