IGNORED

What's wrong with US Senate?

Mike

The situation in California is a good example. Higher taxes or car plate fees because your car is older and is presumed to be more of a pollutant than a newer car? Seems to me that a purely electric vehicle would then NOT have to pay taxes or plate fees...heck might even qualify for a rebate. But that's not what the intent of the bill is...it's simply another way of nickel and dime-ing the people of California for yet another tax. Seems like an isolated incident? Not according to Oregon's Governor, nor Washington's. They're looking into it. And the rest of the country needs to be careful....it could happen in your neck of the woods.

Since you brought it up . . . . Just where do these politicians think that electricity to power the "non-polluting cars" come from? Unless it's a solar powered electric vehicle, that electricity most likely comes from an oil or coal burning monstrosity.

Since you brought it up . . . . Just where do these politicians think that electricity to power the "non-polluting cars" come from? Unless it's a solar powered electric vehicle, that electricity most likely comes from an oil or coal burning monstrosity.

Now Miles. You know that common sense and politicians don't mix...It could prevent them from bilking us out of our hard earned dollars.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!IRAQ DIDNT CAUSE SEPTEMBER 11TH!!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE - READ WHAT I WROTE!!!! I never SAID Iraq had ANYTHING to do with 9/11. I suggested that it's no coincidence that Iran is sandwiched by Afghanistan and Iraq - nothing else.

Consider the parallels to US forces' occupation of West Germany post-WWII.

Well said - and until we can shrink a nuclear fusion reactor down to engine size, there will continue to be false hopes placed in vehicles such as these.

Unless it came from hydro-power, as does most of our in the pacific northwest.

These people are supposed to be an extension of the people's will, but they haven't been living in the 'real world' for a very long time.

Kinda tough to be "of the people, by the people, and for the people" when you live in a gated community insulated from contact with "them", and think more of what being President will mean to your income and lifestyle than what it will mean to someone living at or below the median income. The Presidential pay can be argued as good or bad, but when you add in the retirement, and all of the perks that the People of the United States provide after holding the job of President, and the book deals, speaking engagements, and other income afforded because of being a past president, there is not a leg to stand on. It is much akin to becoming a District Attorney with the goal of a better resume for private practice.

If one of the requirements for our politicians was actually having charactor and being held accountable for deceiving the American people, perhaps we could get a President to be proud of and not be forced into accepting the ultimate embarrassment caused by the lesser of two or more evils.

Serious and sustained accountability in our political system would keep those who hold the understanding of "is" as a defense for illegal activity out of the running, and if extended to special interest groups, the system would come around and streamline.

If holding ones hand over ones heart is a sign of integrity well Lads I really feel very sad for this world.Your prez is a fool and he is taking your country and the world down a path that no one should walk.America's detractors are growing by the day,shame that as the world once looked to yanks for morals , not anymore.

A real sign of a president's integrity would be to take positive action on global warming by showing leadership on the issue.Forget your zed cars boys if this is not addressed then we are in real bother.

Now that i've got that of my chest lets keep this site for Zeds.