IGNORED

What's wrong with US Senate?

Mike

I'm a little disturbed by this. Not sure if it's a scam or what. I haven't been watching TV lately, but, there seems to be a problem with our Senate if we allow people like this to represent the USA. I don't want to get into a huge debate... I simply wanted to know what you guys thought about this. Can someone confirm if this guy really is going to be our next commander-in-chief ?

-------- Forwarded message

I believe the picture says it all...

I had heard about this but a picture is definitely worth 1000 words!

God save us!!!

Senator Barack Obama, Governor Bill Richardson, Senator Hillary

Clinton and Ruth Harkin stand during the national anthem.

Barack Hussein Obama's photo (that's his real name)......the article

said he

REFUSED TO NOT ONLY PUT HIS HAND ON HIS HEART DURING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, BUT REFUSED TO SAY THE PLEDGE

How in the hell can a man like

this expect to be our next Commander-in-Chief????

post-4-14150801696088_thumb.jpg

I really doubt that I could give my opinion without this becoming a debate. But let me just say that I doubt that Obama will be elected president.

True, not sure why I am worried. I'm totally flustered that someone like this can even get into the Senate. By NOT saying the pledge, the guy is pretty much signing his own resignation. Good for us that he's not very smart! :)

On the other hand, Snopes.com - while pretty much verifying that particular "hand-over-heart" episode - could find no truth to the claim that he has refused to recite the pledge, nor could they confirm or deny that not placing his hand over his heart is normal behavior for the man.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

Again, while not wanting to get into a big debate on politics here, I also strongly doubt that Obama will win the nomination, let alone the Presidency.

Snoeps.com is a great resource for wadding through the numerous e-mails that are forwarded everyday.

Now let's not get into a political debate ... it never turns out good.

All I have to say is that for me voting is never fun ... I am always unimpressed by the politicians I see on both sides of the spectrum every time I go to vote. I feel like I a choice between dumb and dumber.

Just be glad your not in Belgium, there are 11 political parties to chose from! And this week they are voting on if the country should be divided along it's phonetic lines (Flanders and Wallonia). (BTW, I am American, still vote when allowed, but only in Federal elections as I live outside the US and voting locally seems kinda stupid to me :classic:)

On the other hand, Snopes.com - while pretty much verifying that particular "hand-over-heart" episode - could find no truth to the claim that he has refused to recite the pledge, nor could they confirm or deny that not placing his hand over his heart is normal behavior for the man.

Again, while not wanting to get into a big debate on politics here, I also strongly doubt that Obama will win the nomination, let alone the Presidency.

Arne ... you are to fast ... plus I shouldn't show my wife the article so she "has" to read it before I can post my reply LOL

That Snopes link is good because it has a vid link of the woman "singing" the anthem. I may be callous, but if someone sings the Anthem like that I'd have a hard time being respectful, too.

(then again, I'm not running for Pres)

Mike;

It isn't the Senate that's at fault, it's the people who are fooled into believing the lies the candidates give out, and then vote these poseurs into office.

While Obama's claim to not wearing a flag lapel pin because he didn't want to be confused with other "patriots" who wear but don't act as patriots (his wording)- may be plausible, it is also the perfect camouflage for someone who isn't a true American patriot and is only spouting "smoke" to dispel suspicion of his true nature.

Just as Hillary's claims that the U.S. can't afford all her ideas really implies that she wants to change the whole system....don't they call that a dictatorship in other countries? And the whole avoidance of legal process during her husband's administration (and her involvement in that as well) as well as her obfuscation of all sorts of reports of ... well, let's just say that her abeyance of the whole legal sytem has a "pick and choose" flavor that says she feels she's above the law. Hmmmm, can you say "despot"?

If we're looking at a Black candidate, I still think that Colin Powell has the brains, integrity and gonads, we need. (And no offense to anyone who prefers the term Afro-American, to me that just rubs the slavery issue into every reference of the term.)

A woman? Condoleeza Rice. Forget that she's black as well, she has a lot of what we need and I don't see her BS'ing about with the laws or moral depravity the other potential female candidate seems to flaunt.

But this is strictly my opinion, and if anyone gets obsessed or upset about it, remember that yours is allowed to differ from it.

E