IGNORED

Ramses

It sure did!!

So, back to the point.

As with Z's, get the BEST and LEAST molested car you can find for the money you can afford.

As with the Z's, parts are getting rarer, but unlike the Z's, there are just a few good places to obtain parts. It's getting better, but paying close to $200 for a pair of Headlight Trim Rings (the chrome "sugar-scoop") can give you an idea of what you're stepping into. Or $200 for a pair of sunvisors....without the hardware to mount them, that's an additional $100! You get the picture?

Depending on the year, you will find that it's either all SAE or a mix of SAE and Metric. Then depending on the year of the mixed set car, you'll find that either a "lot" or "most" or "almost all" the car will be to one extreme or the other. I've heard: "Low windshield = SAE; High Windshield = Mixed". Which generally holds true. However, in the high windshield cars, which bolt is which can be perplexing. Again, there are "rules of thumb", then add 40 years or so of IPO replacements and mistakes and you have a true puzzle.

Regarding the height issue, which is where we began, depending on your individual physiology, you're either long-legged or long-torso, or equal. You need to sit in one to determine if it's a good or bad fit.

There were a couple of guys at Blue Lake last year, the Patterson brothers. Both clocked in at close to 300 lbs. each! Pat stood 5'6" or so and his brother closer to 6'2". Pat was legally blind so Tom would drive. Sadly, Pat passed away last year and I haven't seen or heard from Tom for a while. But they drove down to several of the California meets (Shasta, Solvang) so you know that even on long trips they put up with it (if there was any discomfort). But Pat and Tom used to brag about people watching them get out of their 1500, or the 1600, or the 2000!

Also, sources of information can be rare and sometimes contradictory (surprise!), and they even have their own "burt".

But, if you enjoy the attention the Z gets, wait till you drive a Roadster!

'Nuff said!

E

Thanks again E. I still have not pulled the trigger. My Z is finished except for installing an AC system. I am looking at a new project and I thought a roadster would be fun, but I also need to buy a house. The small project may have to wait a bit, 3-6 months. If any one knows of one that needs a good home and is not out of line price wise please forward the info to me.

Chuck