IGNORED

its back!

khughes

yes, their rarity is part of what makes them so cool.

i guess they're not nearing extinction enough yet for people to pay just anything for them. but i got to thinking, because the 240K is already dwindling and has been for years, is it that lots of people simply never hear about it?

i was talking to one of my import-tuner friends about general stuff and mentioned that i'd be getting a 240K. and he didn't understand what i said. and this person is into cars.

instead of a vintage car that is hot in the market, the 240K, although fetching more year to year, seems like it may end up as a footnote in car history. a rarity that few knew of, and undervalued.

any ideas?

i am sure if you mentioned a datsun 1600 to people, the majority of them wouldn't know what that is either.. that has a cult following.. i think the import scene is a little removed from the classic scene.

for the import scene.. an R31 skyline is seen as a classic.

yes i told the guy it was a 1974 "Skyline" with Datsun badging and he went "oh, yeah! a Skyline!"

so i said "oh, so you know that car?" and he said "no." so i went inside and got a book and showed him a picture of it --and he had never seen it before. but he lit up to Skyline name.

i think they're too old and too small in number to have penetrated most people's attention. like in the case of the 1600 that was mentioned earlier. the C110 is still a best-kept little secret. that has an appeal as well. you can about guarantee that nobody will have one when you show up in it.