IGNORED

Nissan Decompensating

Mckrack

Let me clear up some misconceptions if I may. First off the Battle of Yorktown pales in comparison to the Big War where the French did nothing to save themselves from the dreaded Third Reich and Adolph Hitler.

Secondly I don't know what " consider the source " means but I have a fair idea that I may have been disrespected LOL.

Thirdly if yiu haven't figured out that most of the stuff I wrote on this thread is tongue and cheek and kidding then you need to read it again.

Now I am serious about Nissan's attempt to disrespect us by not making OEM parts readily available to us. This is the same Company that admitted throughout the years that it was our cars that made the Company what it is today. This is the same Company that hasn't supported us. When the 350z was being designed they asked for opinions and then set out to chop up a Q45 Coupe. This is the same Company that is presided over by a Frenchman who has Nissan decompensating once again. His time has come and gone and I think that he should just run Renealt or however you spell it and get in some new blood there. Maybe some one from Porsche.

I understand that we are a small segment of the Classic Car Market or so it may seem to them but someone has to know how many of our cars are still on the road or in the garage. Ithought I saw a figure of 18,000 cars somewhere. I also know the American Classic Car Market is huge and if you can't get the parts for those cars from the manufacturere there are a ton of vendors that have them or reproduce them. Unless yiu live in Japan it's very didfficult to get the rarer parts for our cars.

When are we going to admit that this Company does not support us at the level we deserve.

Mckrack - Your tongue in cheek has more bite than you realize. Members from every country and your's foremost, have been disrespected by your comments that have no relevance to our cars. Because you believe a company is obligated to supply parts for cars 30 plus years old and design cars today that meet your standards, is no reason to come down on an entire country. There's better ways to get your point across and if your statements reflect the way you truly feel, I'm sorry for you. Lighten up man.

Hope you think about this and put things in perspective.

if yiu haven't figured out that most of the stuff I wrote on this thread is tongue and cheek and kidding then you need to read it again.

Read it again? All things considered, I'd rather drink bleach....

But thanks for the offer.

When are we going to admit that this Company does not support us at the level we deserve.

I don't think anyone her doubts that. It's obvious that Nissan doesn't give a damn about an S30, 510, 610, 810 or anything with the name Datsun on it. When you go to the car shows, and I specifically mean the classic or nostalgic ones, you see booths set up by Toyota, Honda, Mazda, etc. from the companies. But from Nissan, it's just the vendors. Nothing from the company itself. When they dropped the name Datsun in roughly 1982, that was the end of it. They make it obvious that there is no Datsun now. It's been that way for a while so it's not news. I just don't get all of that other stuff. Tounge-in-cheek or not, it just comes off as poor taste to me.

What can I tell you fellas I have my opinions asyou do yours. Don't drink the bleach though you can end your life doing that. I will not and I have never been politically correct and I won't start now. That's what makes horse racing. BTW have any of you good folks ever been to France. I was there last summer for the first time and I must tell you they are not so nice to us over there. I am sure you must have heard that before. But getting back to the Z car Stephen I agree and they should change their attitude towhat got them there.

I don't think anyone her doubts that. It's obvious that Nissan doesn't give a damn about an S30, 510, 610, 810 or anything with the name Datsun on it. When you go to the car shows, and I specifically mean the classic or nostalgic ones, you see booths set up by Toyota, Honda, Mazda, etc. from the companies. But from Nissan, it's just the vendors. Nothing from the company itself. When they dropped the name Datsun in roughly 1982, that was the end of it. They make it obvious that there is no Datsun now. It's been that way for a while so it's not news. I just don't get all of that other stuff. Tounge-in-cheek or not, it just comes off as poor taste to me.

I have to disagree with you. Maybe it's just better on the competition side of things because that's where I'm focused, but have you seen a TRD catalog? Stickers and fart pipes is about all they have last time I checked. Now Nissan Comp has been a little weird lately since they moved to TN, I'll admit, but their catalog is relatively comprehensive. True, more and more of it is NLA, but when I'm driving a 37 year old car I don't expect to be able to get every last little widget and gizmo from the dealer.

And I seem to remember a commercial just a few years back from Nissan with a bunch of Z's with personalized license plates leading up to the new Z car (can't remember if that was for the Z32 or Z33). When was the last time you saw an old Celica in a Toyota ad, or an RX3 in an RX8 ad? Doesn't happen. When was the last time you saw Honda restoring CVCC's and selling them as new cars? Doesn't happen. When was the last time you heard about a big Celica meeting at Toyota USA headquarters. I've never heard of that happening...

Nissan might not have as much emphasis on the old stuff as they do on the new stuff, but come on, it's been 37 freakin years since the Z came out, and they have new products to push! I certainly wouldn't want my company to spend its $$$ catering to an extremely small market of customers who bought something 3 decades back. Now if you want to argue where the company is going and the Renault influence, that might be another topic, but this sour grapes stuff over the Z is a little beyond me.

You make some good points Jon but you know the Celica didn't change the History of a company and it surely was not nearly as influential in Automotive History then our cars. As for Geezers post that's very funny. I almost fell of the back of my chair.

Personally I think it's about time Nissan / Infinit had a certain aesthetic that can be clearly defined throughout all their models. Think about it, BMW has, Mercedes, and Porsche does as well.

This nonesense of the Altima being a clone is going way too far. Something that has been lacking from Nissan all these years has been a design that makes a statement in regards to which manufactuer the vehicles hail from. I don't think some commanalities between their different models is a bad thing.

The name is Nissan, and their designs should scream that.

Mckrack,

The most serious lie Nissan has told that I know of is that the 240Z and the 350z came from the same heritage. They promised the world the spirit of the 240Z was back in form of the 350z, while the 350z is exciting to drive, it has no spirit or resemblance relationship to the 240Z. I won't say I won't buy a Nissan at some point, but, I will be in the market for a MiniVan within the next 90 days, and based on preliminary research, that $35Kish will probably go to Toyota or Honda. I will say it is dificult for me to believe anything from an entity that has lied to me and the rest of the world, and that would make a new nissan sale to me something which would be generated from independant research and not on any corporate message.

On the lighter side,

I'm not sure which cheeks your tongue was in, but in Rons picture it could be both, and explain the taste...

Ron, you crack me up! It only took one Ron this time, and it was all YOU!

Will

Actually, to be historically correct, the BIG WAR was WWI. WWI ran from July 28th, 1914 to November 11th, 1918. The conflict I believe that you are referring to is WWII, which ran from 1939-1945. So we bailed the frogs out twice in less than 50 years?

The French did help us out in the Revolutionary War, but it was merely to wizz the British off!

HLS30, the Dodge Grand Caravan SXT loaded Anniversary Edition is quite nice for the $$$. A lot of dealer incentives. Just got one for the wife and she loves it. If resale is your biggest thing though, you are better off spending the extra $ and getting the Toyota or Honda.

Let's get some stuff straight here...

France was invaded and conquered by Germany - The U.S. is not in the same boat.

The U.S. rescued France because it was in our best interest to stop the Nazi war machine. - This has very little in common with Iraq. Iraq did not invade another country, we put a stop to that the first time around. So the only thing in common between Normandy and Iraq is that they are both in OUR best interest.

Now before anyone starts blasting away with anti-U.S. accusations let me just clarify, I have never been considered Pro-French, but more importantly I am not Anti-French either.

If it wasn't for Carlos, Nissan may have wound up tits-up in the early 90's, so we have him to thank for that... and quite possibly the Titan too :)

Yes, I too believe that Nissan should show a little more love to the DATSUN crowd, as they only seem to recognize the existance of the S30 when it stands to benefit their own wallet... but isn't that what buisness is all about? Sometimes it upsetting to see that it appears that Nissan (N.A.) is trying to distance itself from the Datsun name :cry:

And furthermore, personally I LOVE to see old designs from one product used in another. When I bought my '03 Frontier and I saw the Speedo and Tach arranged in pods like the S30, I wept with joy... and the fender flares looked like ZG flares to me. I really wish they had done the same to my '07.

Oh, and another thing... Nissan quickly realized that the Ford partnership (Quest/Villager) was a mistake, but they needed to get a minivan (yuk!) to market and Ford already had a plant and die facilty available. The short contract gave Nissan the time they needed to expand and tool up to build their own. The only Nissan parts in those vans were the driveline parts.