IGNORED

'77 GT-X (GT-R Clone)

great to see the kenmeri wave is gaining momentum. maybe that kareem guy with the black primered kenmeri 2dr will show up @ jccs? so they'll be at least two of them. mine won't be there unfortunately, but in '08, we can have all of ours together and maybe even brian's if he's inclined. time to start showing off these beauties as a lot of people are sick of the same old z's and 510's

agree. would offer something different. but directly related.

i've met kareem. he's a nice guy. haven't seen his kenmeri though.

Like what?

Bonzelite... Chad... hang on, I think I've talked to you before. You live in Hollywood or something? Think I might have sold you something on ebay.

I had my chrome trims on for all of 2 weeks before letting her go. I was so happy, finally I was content with the look of the thing. Well almost. I think I could have spent an infinite amount of money on it to be honest

hmm. small world. my name on ebay is "kingminosr32." but my email is bonzelite@yahoo.com

i wonder what i may have bought from you?

it's frustrating to have sold your car when it was so nearly perfect. at least nearly as you wanted it. it is by far one of the best i've ever seen. you're very good at what you do, matey.

I like the idea of a Skyline run. I had been trying for a while to get as many classic Skylines together in one place and would be willing to bring mine out from Az. for a weekend just for that kind of event. I will most definately be at the JCCS this year. With a car no less. And yes, Chad will be/is the new owner of the '74. I had not mentioned it publicly as I wanted to give him the chance to if he wanted. He even mentioned the idea of driving it back to L.A some 6 hours or so. The '74 is actually that smooth and easy to drive that I don't think it's a bad idea.

As for the JCCS this year, by my count we should have between 5 and 7 Skylines this time. Let's hope it comes together that way. I am inclined to agree with Matt. Z cars, 510's, AE86's, and such have all been done to great limits, but they have become somewhat "ho-hum" as there is little new in the scene. The Skyline is always a breath of fresh air. And always draws an audience.

Brian

hmm. small world. my name on ebay is "kingminosr32."

A-ha thought so. I am machalel, it was some brochures, incidently all Skylines :D

I think you guys need to set up a Classic Skyline Register of the US.

yes i'm looking at the brochures now. they're all mixed from the 1970s to the R33 GT-R. the C110 is among them. as is the C210/211. i believe i bought all of those from you. a good amount.

i bid on other stuff as well but couldn't monitor the auctions well enough so i got outbid on a couple of things by about 50 cents. do you still have literature auctions going on?

Lachlan, no offense intended.

The detail I was thinking was things like part numbers and any id markings on the back of parts. Things like that.

I only note this because I have seen many parts listed for certain type of car, but have totally different part numbers. I have also seen similar parts that look different, but have the same part number. Also some of the posts, again not just yours, group many parts together and don't separate individual items, i.e. all the different emblems needed for the car.

Yours and other posts have been truly valuable and are virtually the only source currently on the web. Please keep it up, your help is indeed appreciated and necessary.

I give my thanks to everyone that is apart of this board and helps keep these cars alive.

Chris

hmmm wow lots of skylines for jccs,.., i dont think ill make it there this year but my gc10 will prolly be there, i think imma have my buddy take it up there for me.

i miss my kenmeri sometimes...,but ill be seeing since i sold it to one of my bestfriends...good looking 77 btw...

mikey

• 2 weeks later...

CTcurnes I just saw the pic on the top of this thread, and i thought that someone copied the pic from my girlfriends flickr page. I was at the show and had a nice convo with you. I was the guy in the video game industry and was looking for a 240z. I got the 240 now I just need to find a good z/datsun shop so I can have the brakes evaluated. I just do not trust myself to evaluate 33 year old brakes....

There are pics of the show at this link. http://flickr.com/photos/dz9err/sets/72157600346244803/

Thanks for the link, the photos look great. Post some pictures of the Z when you can. Hope to see you out at some of the shows.

Couple of people at the show gave me cards for shops in that area. Don't remember where you said you lived, but I'm sure the Z guys on this board can help you out.