IGNORED

'77 GT-X (GT-R Clone)

Hey that's my car. Oh yah, I was there....

Just glad I could bring the car out and let a few people see it.

Mat, were you at the show? A couple people said you had sold your blue car? Too bad if that's the case. Would have been cool to have two at the show.

I'll be bringing it out to JCCS this year in Long Beach so if you'er there stop by and introduce yourself.

Chris

Southbay

Did you get a 240K yet? Seems there has been a few for sale lately.

I've been thinking about getting a classic skyline run together. Seems there is enough in LA that we should all be able to get together at some point.

It would be really cool to have a big display at JCCS.

i am currently cobbling funds to make the rest of payments on a 240K from a guy in arizona --who bought it from a guy on here in australia. i won't make any waves until i have paid for it and driven it home. then it's to be converted to a GT-R look, like yours. i'm going to paint it red, though.

i'd like to meet up w/you at some point reagardless. i have an R32 GT-R (taken apart of course) and a few others. name is "chad" by the way. good to meet you.

That's Brian's old car right?

Didn't he sell it after buying Ray's white one. Well least that's what I think after looking at a few post's on the boards.

Thankfully my car came with alot of the GT-R parts already on it.

Getting the parts for a GT-R clone is tough. I'm not going for 100% correctness, just the GT-R flavor. Right now I'm struggeling with the rear quarter GT badge. Of course the tail light rings are the real holy grail. Last pair I saw were $2000. Little steap for me right now.

Let me know when you get the 240K. I'd like to see it. PM if you have any questions, I'd like to trade notes on any research into the GT-R. Might be nice to start a thread with part numbers and the like. Alfadog's posts are really good, but more detail would be really helpful.

I'm free most weekend's so PM me if you want to meet up and see the car. I'd like to see your R32 sometime.

Chris

great to see the kenmeri wave is gaining momentum. maybe that kareem guy with the black primered kenmeri 2dr will show up @ jccs? so they'll be at least two of them. mine won't be there unfortunately, but in '08, we can have all of ours together and maybe even brian's if he's inclined. time to start showing off these beauties as a lot of people are sick of the same old z's and 510's

Alfadog's posts are really good, but more detail would be really helpful.

Like what?

Bonzelite... Chad... hang on, I think I've talked to you before. You live in Hollywood or something? Think I might have sold you something on ebay.

I had my chrome trims on for all of 2 weeks before letting her go. I was so happy, finally I was content with the look of the thing. Well almost. I think I could have spent an infinite amount of money on it to be honest

post-1243-14150800602253_thumb.jpg

That's Brian's old car right?

Didn't he sell it after buying Ray's white one. Well least that's what I think after looking at a few post's on the boards.

Thankfully my car came with alot of the GT-R parts already on it.

Getting the parts for a GT-R clone is tough. I'm not going for 100% correctness, just the GT-R flavor. Right now I'm struggeling with the rear quarter GT badge. Of course the tail light rings are the real holy grail. Last pair I saw were $2000. Little steap for me right now.

Let me know when you get the 240K. I'd like to see it. PM if you have any questions, I'd like to trade notes on any research into the GT-R. Might be nice to start a thread with part numbers and the like. Alfadog's posts are really good, but more detail would be really helpful.

I'm free most weekend's so PM me if you want to meet up and see the car. I'd like to see your R32 sometime.

Chris

yes that's Brian's car. still is for now. painted as a "cop car."

my R32 is in pieces but i'd be happy to show you anyway. when i get more details on the transaction and what is going to happen with the 240K i will update you.