IGNORED

'71 that was on Craigs list now on Ebay

MikeW,

That is a beautiful engine compartment!!!

I wish I could take credit for it but I don't even know who it belongs to or where I took the picture. I think it was at a local club meeting.

Just noticed Steve your new Z is a 904 white with blue interior. Not many of us have that combo. Congrats.

Yes, but unfortunately I'm going to need to replace it with black. That's one of the few bad things about a 36-year old car from the Arizona desert, the interior as well as the weatherstipping, etc. drys out and fades from the harsh sun down there. The rear compartment plastic piece is in close to perfect condition, the plastic ceiling piece is in pretty good shape (a little faded perhaps). The door panels are in good shape, but will need new chrome and are a little sun-faded on the tops. The dog legs are in great shape, but will also need new chrome. The rest of the other plastic pieces are shot. I know the blue parts are hard to find and I don't want to deal with it, so I'd rather just put in black interior like I'm doing on the '72 (formerly red).

But trust me, I would much rather have to replace the interior than have to deal with rust damage. :)

I still can't attach any pictures. I've tried a number of times now and it's starting to get frustrating. Perhaps I should try to contact Mike.

• 3 months later...

Well, after nearly 4 months I finally got around to trying to attach the pictures again. It was a very simple problem -they were just too big. So I was able to make them a smaller size and attached them. Here's some pics of my newest project taken outside my body man's place the day it arrived from Phoenix in late June. The car only has some very minor surface rust in a few spots. I've never seen a 240Z with all its original metal and virtually no rust like this before. I'm convinced that Arizona is the best place to find a Z! As of today, it's still waiting in line at the body shop and I'm anxious to see the project get started. By the way, I'm reconsidering keeping the blue interior...does anyone know where I can buy some blue seat covers?

post-6600-14150801576314_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150801576531_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150801576723_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150801576917_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150801577116_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150801577316_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150801577515_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150801577699_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150801577838_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150801578176_thumb.jpg

By the way, I'm reconsidering keeping the blue interior...does anyone know where I can buy some blue seat covers?

I have new OEM-style blue seat covers in my car. I'll shot some photos when I get home and attach them.

I got the covers on eBay, from a seller in Arkansas. The quality was good and the price was right ($140) but he can be very slow about turnaround.

hah, your car isn't nearly as sunburnt as mine is. (also an az car)

I agree though. AZ is perfect for finding rust free z's. i think even better than cali. a burnt out interior is merely a drop in the bucket compared to a rusted body.

mine still has all the original undercoating AND fender liners (which is annoying because i can't pull the bumper without pulling off the liners)

Thanks for the pics of the blue seats, guys. I am really thinking that I may need to sell the new black seat covers I bought from Xray a few months ago and find some new blue ones!

As m4xwellmurd3r knows firsthand, the AZ sun can really take a toll on Z interiors. Two questions: where can I find some blue interior plastic pieces (need the inside quarter window pieces and the left rear piece) Also, this car has blue carpets.....is that what the '70 & '71 blue interior cars came with or were they black like all the other 240s?