IGNORED

'71 that was on Craigs list now on Ebay

We talked about that one already. That's Steve's car (lonetreesteve on this site) from Colorado. Very nice car. Well worth the price. I'd buy it if I could talk my wife into having another car and taking a road trip.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words. Well, I sold the '71 Orange 918 on Ebay to a very nice buyer who lives in New York City. He works in NYC and plans to ship the car home to France in the near future. He is very happy with the car and I'm happy that I got enough for the car to pay some tuition for my 2 oldest kids. I am also very happy that I was able to keep a little of the money from the sale to......yes.... buy another 240Z project!!

My newest project just arrived Thursday from Phoenix at my body man's home/shop in Northwest Denver (about a 40 minute drive from my house). It's a '71 that has spent all 36 years of its life in Arizona. It only has a tiny bit of surface rust on the outside of the car. It needs new paint, interior, tires/wheels,etc, but it is an extremely solid car. Another great thing about the car is that the previous owner (another great guy) spent about $4,000.00 on some major mechanical work. Here's a list of what was done to the car (copied and pasted from his Craigslist ad):

Engine: Valve job, piston rings, hone, bearings, seals, freeze plugs, painted block.

Fuel: Rebuilt SU carbs, new fuel rail, fuel lines, fuel pump, filter, erg valve. by-pass valve

Electrical: lights and turn signal pods, coil, plug wires, cap, rotor, running lights, flasher relay

Brakes: New rotors, drums, master cylinder, slave cylinder, calipers, shoes, re-built brake pistons fr/r

Cooling: New radiator & cap, water-pump, hoses, fan, fan clutch, belts

Suspension: New tie-rods, upper and lower diff mounts, sway bar bushings/ends, re-built steering rack

Transmission: New clutch, rebuilt 4spd gear box, diff cover gasket, diff breather valve

It has the original matching numbers engine & 4-speed transmission. Everything is intact, including the console with ashtray, lighter, coin tray, rear defogger switch & cover plate (unbroken), outside driver's mirror (in very good shape!), tail lights, bumpers (all in great shape), side marker lights, front turn signals. etc.

Like I said earlier, the car is at the body shop and my body/paint guy has a couple other projects ahead, but he will be ready to start on it in about 2 months or so. He is the same guy who did the the '71 918 Orange car that I just sold as well as my '72 (I'm finishing up the lights right now & should be able to start on the new interior next weekend). I will attach some pics that I took the other day of the new project sometime tomorrow.