IGNORED

280z vs 260z engine

mars23z

So I should just keep the L26 stock and do the L28? I dont want a stroker but maybe the next level down from that what ever that is. What I want is something around 200hp but still nice for the street. I will probably never race atleast nothing to serious I just want more power. I realize a turbo is the easiest way but I would like a NA engine. Thanks for all the input guys.

The 260Z engine was an bad revamp of the 240. That's why they made it only one year. Truly if you reallytalk to any Z folks,must of the guys would say the 280Z is the best engine. 240z's were in a class by there own but total proven was the th 280. Everything wet downhilll fromthere (280zx).

No 280z bashing please!!!!

Vicky

Good to be back with my Zfriends:love:

The 260Z engine was an bad revamp of the 240. That's why they made it only one year. Truly if you reallytalk to any Z folks,must of the guys would say the 280Z is the best engine. 240z's were in a class by there own but total proven was the th 280. Everything wet downhilll fromthere (280zx).

Vicky

welcome back vicky!!

i agree; the L28 can be seen as the final evolution of the L24. similar to how the heads have evolved...

Vicky

There was nothing wrong with the 260 motor that a carb swap couldn't fix.The 260Z problems came from the carbs & car it self-not the engine.

Spoken like a true 260Z owner! But seriously, the increase in displacement was to compensate for the loss of power caused by attempting to meet more stringent emissions standards. At least, that's what every publication I've ever read says is the reason.

Spoken like a true 260Z owner! But seriously, the increase in displacement was to compensate for the loss of power caused by attempting to meet more stringent emissions standards. At least, that's what every publication I've ever read says is the reason.

Was that directed at me?

Hey,

I am new to this site and to the z world. About 3 weeks ago I bought a 260z complete with three engines. I was just wondering if you guys could tell me how much power a L26 stroker that is built at 11 over bored...296 lift on the cam and I don't remember the duration off hand. It also has set of triple webers on it too. I don't mean to hijack this thread but I couldn't create a new one I guess because I am new here.

Thanks.

Nsyder