IGNORED

Total Restoration Project. 71

Diseazd

You have to get an enclosed trailer! A friend of mine who IS a dent wizard had 4 cars with hail damage this morning.

In the garage they're safe but IF you travel there's always a chance of rain and I'm here to tell you that nothing gets dirtier than a car (or bike) on an open trailer.

I spent a day and a half back in '97 cleaning a bike that I "open" trailered to Daytona Bike Week. A major PITA that I've never repeated. Rust never sleeps; especially on nuts and bolts.

FWIW.

The car looks great. Can't wait to see it all buttoned up!!!

Thanks Steve....the green one is set up.....Will woods,coil overs,camber plates and an L 28..,. It's my first choice, but I love them all. Can't wait to drive the gold car. I can build an engine in the dark, but don't know crap about brakes. Guy

Guy - I appreciate the compliment "being able to compete with Jeff Mader at ZCON".....but......the way this car is going to look it won't really be a contest.....absolutely beautiful work!! It should be great a Savannah this year....#17 is coming and it's stunning along with your car....what more could we want. I hope you get it done in time....looks like you will. I'll be there with lemon/lime but it won't hold a candle to you guys.

The interior of my dad's car looks great with the new carpet and seats but the console looked a bit faded and all the silver trim has been worn off. So I restored it for him this evening :)

First I cleaned it with rubbing alcohol. Next I sprayed a few light coats of bulldog plastic adhesion promoter followed with many light coats of SEM satin black. Once that dried I spent 30-45 minutes masking every line on the center panel with 1/4" masking tape and sprayed 3 light coats of silver followed with a coat of clear. It came out terrific!!!

As always I should have taken the before photos. But I am always so anxious to jump right to it.

5882787894_9840ab9cd0_z.jpg

5882788268_94ffea1858_z.jpg

5882228021_4583895b32_z.jpg

5882228733_18487e30e0_z.jpg

Edited by five&dime