IGNORED

Rusted small Hardware replacements

hls30.com

Would there be any interest in buying Stainless steel replacements(of correct size and thread) for many of the difficult to find bolts that are normally found to be rusty and almost (if not) impossable to remove?

I am talking about replacing hardware that has not already been addressed by Zcar Creations. They have wonderful stainless kits for the greater areas of Zcars.

Specificly, a set for the quarter windows, and a set for the assembly of combination lights(240Z front turn Signal)-lens to housing. Every dissassebly I have ever done in these areas has shown issues with these fasteners. I have found the right pieces for replacements. Would it be worth $12.60 plus shipping for the quarter windows (28 pieces) and $5.40 plus shipping for the combination light lens attatchment hardware(12 pieces). Shipping would be done at cost, and could even be done in a small padded envelope, or via Priority mail for $4.05.

Comments?

Will

I ask because I have already sourced these, and that price allows me to share the the knowledge without having everybody who wants a set have to pay the minimum order charge and freight charges-or buy a bunch of pieces and try to do what I am...

Will

I've been doing pretty much the same thing on eBay, but in little kits for one specific area at a time. (Who wants to buy a whole bunch of screws/bolts if you don't really need them or want them) So far... I've made up stainless steel kits for the the Valve Cover Bolts, Fuel Injector Screws and several other areas under the hood...

webdawg1

I would be interested too....I'll be looking for many other fasteners that are no good or lost by previous owner( or should I say not properly cataloged) so I'm missing or replacing many..

I need the lens replacement hardware, and (crosses fingers) the fuel line bracket and rubber insulators--at least for the engine compartment...and the little hex headed Philips screws that secure them.

Pretty please?

Steve

JeffMopar

I am working on making a jig to make the stainless brackets for the hardlines less time and muscle intensive, and more repeatable-I am not having any luck finding a stainless steel hex head with a phillips drive for the bracket fasteners, so that part will probably be only hex head or phillips drive

I made a set of molds for the insulators from my old set-they work fine, but look every bit as bad as the ones they replaced, so I will be carving a set from machineable wax to use for molds-if the insulators are not made first by someone else.

Will

Over the weekend I will get together a set of "before and after" photos with instructions and responses to "what ifs". I'll ask a member of two to look over the "brochures" and when acceptable post them in a new thread,

Please count me in Will.

My resto/refresh is looking more and more like a "who's who" of the ClassicZcars.com community with every passing day and in every thread----

the list of contributors is beyond my imagination of 2 short years ago!

Many thanks to all---named or not---for all the tips, how-to's, advise, sources, reliable information---but most importantly

INSPIRATION

ROFL ROFL ROFL :classic: :classic: :classic: LOL LOL LOL

Jim D.

"Zup" :bunny: