IGNORED

New Club DVD!

hls30.com

Will,

I ran across a hardcopy (Not PDF version) of the EFI Bible on eBay. Needless to say I won the auction...It also had another manual added in the back of the first manual as well ...Some sort of Electronic Fuel Injection Analyzer Instruction Manual for the J25400 Kent-Moore EFI Analyzer.

Thought this might be of some interest to you...

Seller also added in another small manual called 1975 280Z Engine Performance and Emission Analysis. Thought this might be of some interest as well...

webdawg1

Sorry about the delays in updating the on hand contributions list, I am verifying the actual scans of each piece before I list them. Because I have several sets of CDs/thumb drives with the data on them, I am also consolodating them to a master thumbdrive and after its collection a disk.

Right now the only ? on the collection of FSMs is whether the earliest one is an undated gold covered manual. If that is the case, it looks like we have:

All of the FSMs from 1970-1983.

I am going to completely verify that tonight, and get all of the basic pdf scans on one piece of media, and get a space total.

Then I will move to the Service Bulletins, and supplemental manuals, and right on down the line.

Will

Will,

I believe the earliest FSM is dated Nov 1, 1969 on the back cover. It is also three hole punched and has a textured yellow cover. I have both that one and the undated gold colored one with P/N 99999-20016 on the lower left front cover. They appear to have the same content when I looked through them. It looks like they are both for the series one cars. I also have another manual I will scan and send you next week. It is a heater service manual for the S30 series dated Feb 1973 on the back cover.

-Mike

Hey Will I recently bought a 240z service manual on eBay called S30 Supplement Chassis Manual. It looks like it was published for the National Service Training Department. Do you need a copy of this for the club DVD project? The manual contains revised/updated service instructions to service manual #99999-20016 and includes information for R&R of the instrument panel, floor console [auto-standard trans]; the heat-ventilation system is fully documented; R&R of the console finisher, center instruments and radio; revised wiring diagrams. There is no date, but it references late 1971 wiring harnesses and shows pictures of early style consoles. This was the first time I had come across this manual. Let me know if you need/want this and I can scan it and send it to you.

-Mike

This TSB references the S30 Supplement Chassis Manual. It was issued Jan. 5 1972. Just one of the bits of info. I stumbled across and thought you'd like to know Mike. Does your copy have the foldout wiring diagram still intact? I have the wiring diagram, but it is not in the best of shape.

This TSB references the S30 Supplement Chassis Manual. It was issued Jan. 5 1972. Just one of the bits of info. I stumbled across and thought you'd like to know Mike. Does your copy have the foldout wiring diagram still intact? I have the wiring diagram, but it is not in the best of shape.

Hi Ron,

Thanks for posting the TSB. That is very interesting. I never knew there were so many of these separate little manuals. Yes, the Supplement Chassis Manual I have (and scanned and sent to Will for the DVD) does have the folding wiring diagram attached in the back and it is in excellent shape. I didn't include that in the scan though because it is so large I didn't think it would fit, even on my scanner at my office. I could scan it in sections, but it looks to be the same as the one in the FSM, only blown up so it is easier to read. If there is interest in including this in the DVD I could give it a shot. I still need to scan the heater manual I have and send that to Will also.

-Mike

Hi Ron,

Thanks for posting the TSB. That is very interesting. I never knew there were so many of these separate little manuals. Yes, the Supplement Chassis Manual I have (and scanned and sent to Will for the DVD) does have the folding wiring diagram attached in the back and it is in excellent shape. I didn't include that in the scan though because it is so large I didn't think it would fit, even on my scanner at my office. I could scan it in sections, but it looks to be the same as the one in the FSM, only blown up so it is easier to read. If there is interest in including this in the DVD I could give it a shot. I still need to scan the heater manual I have and send that to Will also.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

If you'd like to get that wiring daigram scanned in one pass, call your local graphics reproduction shop or HP distributor that specializes in engineering document reproduction and ask them if the have a large format scanner. If they do, you could have them scan it to a file and also make you a copy to use in the garage, enabling to keep the original pristine. You might consider having the repro shop make you enough copies to sell here at the club and add on a little to cover your initial costs.:classic:

Hope this helps,

Rob

• 1 month later...

Rick,

I am currently getting all of the things that belong to other members packed up to ship out-I won't let it accumulate so long next time...I will be shipping out on Monday. I haven't received any more contributions in a month.

I have applied for a larger grant of copy rite exemption to cover overseas donations.

I will be starting the menu system on the Factory Service Manuals(since I believe we have them all) sometime next three weeks.

Will

PS, Ron, I will be looking at what you sent tonight!

I have an original Nissan "FACTORY PARTS CATALOG - Datsun 240Z - 1970 -1973" (June 1974 revision) that was used by Datsun dealerships and is in pristine condition. It has the exploded diagrams of every part, Datsun part number, description, applicable dates and models and applicable superceded parts numbers.

It is spiral bound but is 150 pages in length and I don't know if my home scanner is up to the task (some of the diagrams are quite detailed).

Suggestions?