IGNORED

New Club DVD!

hls30.com

Hi Everyone!

I have been collecting S30 and S130 FSMs and associated documentation for almost a year to scan into PDF format to help Mike make a new club DVD. Mike has a copywrite release from Nissan to allow this DVD to be made using virtually any Datsun/Nissan document.

I have collected several FSMs, owners manuals, Supplemental manuals, parts manuals, and such, but we need more for the DVD to include all models.

If you have a manual you can donate to the cause, or the time and inclination to scan a manual you have, please let me know. Those who donate will recieve a free copy of the DVD for their involvement.

The manuals I collect are not pristine, generally I have found well used but clearly readable versions to cut the spline off fo fascilitate automated scanning, so If you send a manual, please understand the pages will be freed to make scanning faster. If you would like the manual back, I will return it, but unbound.

I will picture/list those manuals which are either already scanned or are in process tomorrow(need batteries for the camera).

But the selection includes FSMs, Confidential Product Information, a Confidentail Price list, Suplements to the FSMs, Owners Manuals, Owners Manual Supplements(Radio, etc...), Parts manuals, and several quite interesting extras!

If you have a genuine Datsun/Nissan document that you feel should be included, please PM me,

The ultimate goal is a DVD with as much S30/S130 information on it as we can muster.

I would really like to include overseas materials as well, but will have to rely on Donations to accomplish their inclusion. So if you lot across the pond have something to donate, please jump in.

Pm me with questions, several people have already jumped into this with me, and I will expose their donations with the photos tomorrow.

Here is a chance to do something for the club that has done so much for you, and to gain unlimited access to documents you might never have even known existed! I promise you will not be dissatisfied!

Will

Will, I just purchased a set of 5 microfiches date June 74, however, I am still trying to locate a place where I can digitize them and save them directly to PDF or TIFF format, rather than print and then scan them. Apparently the machines to do this are very expensive, and so far I have yet to find a location that has one I can use or rent. The fiches cover the following:

Datsun 240Z, 260Z & 280Z

1/5 - Introduction - B1, Engine L24, L26 up to Nov. '74 - D1

2/5 - Engine L28E, from Dec '74 - B1, Electrical - F1

3/5 - Power Train - B1, Brake - J1, Axle - H1, Steering - L1

4/5 - Body HLS30 (up to July '73) - B1, Body RLS30, HLS30 (from Aug '73) - H1

5/5 - Body GRLS30, GHLS30 (from Oct. '73) - B1, Alpha Part & Name Index - J1, Part Nunmber Index - K1, Misc - H1

I know that some of this is already provided in the current Club CD, however these appear to be in excellent condition, so if any of them scan better than the pages in the current CD, I would be happy to contribute them. The current CD scans are better then most, but there are still a few that are hard or impossible to read part numbers from.

Enigma,

I have a couple of readers, a digital camera, and a digital camcorder, I also have a full set of fische-though I have not checked out its condition. Give me a week or two to sort out all of the details, and I'll get back to you when I have a clear idea on how to use them.

Thanks!

Will

One other bit of information.

This manuals or short manual can and will be scanned with out damage. I am happy to scan owners manuals, radio manuals, small(50 pages or so) manuals one at a time, but I simply don't have time to scan several hundred pages one at a time day in and day out, so the large manuals must be cut loose to scan them-or you can scan them and donate the scans.

Having said that,

If you have a special manual or you would like me to consider, please pm me, I can make an exception as long as it does not become the rule. It pains me to cut up a manual, that is why I have been buying shopworn versions, and not cutting up pristine manuals.

I will be heading home at lunch time to photograph the manuals I have collected for use in this project, so that everyone can see what we have and what we need. Those who donate will also get their name on their donation on the DVD, and a credit on it as having made the DVD possable.

Will

Brian,

I'll get back to you this afternoon-Thanks!

Will

I will be listing those who will and have donated here as well, so we know what we have and what we need.

I am still keeping a watch on ebay as well, so if an inexpensive manual pops up, I will be watching....

Will

We may well!

I'll be picturing what I have now, and adding what is to be donated from who, and picturing it when I receive it.

My collection for the cause will go up after lunch today.

I have several manuals, but as 26th Z pointed out in annother thread, there were occasionally two or more manuals made for the same year-I hope we can get examples of all of them for the DVD

Will.