IGNORED

Let's see some wheels!

veritech-z

Thanks Arne, I should have looked more closely. I saw the Voyages program on Fiat and should have recognized the "Cinquecenti." My Italian is a little rusty, but I think that's how it's spelled. Better known as the "Topolino" - little mouse.

Goose

they are Cromodoras, but I have not a clue as to what model

all I know is that I haven't seen another set, & they're gonna look great powder coated in black

Interesting - as I said, I vaquely remembered that 5-side flange w/dimples around the lug hole area but just don't remember any details. I just did a web search and found a photo of the Cromodora style that I remember seeing on 240Zs back in the 70s. These are true magnesium wheels. Note the circular ridge around the lug hole area and the relatively flat spokes - a completely different design than yours.

To give credit, I lifted this photo from a gents restoration web page here: http://www.weekendrides.com/72z.html

Anyway, when you clean them up, your wheels will look great. I always liked this kind of 5-spoke design ...

post-10882-1415079971729_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I just got these Western wheels on a 240 I picked up yesterday. They are in good shape except for 20 years worth of storage dirt - no curb rash to mention, etc. Don't know the width yet - must pull one. I kind of like them, and may clean them up for use on my '72. I have wanted a set of Libre, but they are prooving elusive.... got a whole car with these on it for probably less than a set of Libre wheels would cost me. (Will post some more on the new car elsewhere as I inspect it closer in the future - must clean out the garage to make room for #2 first.)

Is anyone familiar with these wheels? Good? Not-so-good? Where might I find a set of good lug nuts?

Thanks!

John

post-9676-14150800194371_thumb.jpg

I have wanted a set of Libre, but they are prooving elusive.... got a whole car with these on it for probably less than a set of Libre wheels would cost me.

John, I have a set of Libres sitting in the basement. If you ever decide to buy a set, let me know. I don't have them listed anywhere, but if somebody is looking for a set, I'll sell them. BTW, they are knock-offs, not American Racing as they do not have the ribs in the back of the spokes.

• 2 months later...

I was looking for slotted mags when I came across these on e-bay 4 years ago. They had been purchased for use on a 280Z in the 70's but were never used. The center caps were still in pastic bags. I've seen similar wheels on Z's, but never exactly the same.