IGNORED

2007 Z National Convention (ZCON) Info

westpak

Whoah! What a drag! Oh man, am I sorry to hear about that, Will. Come-on down to Daytona and we'll just party.

Here's the latest / greatest car show layout. The ZCCA judged competition will be inside the Busch garages - somewhere around 90 cars entered. Then there is a display of cars in the Fan Park area as well as North of the Busch garages. I think around 150 cars are entered - total.

CAR_SHOW_240go.pdf

Hi Guys:

Seems nothing turns out completely "as planned". I failed to get the BRE BAJA Z completed in time to meet the transport deadline, for the 40th Anniversary Celebration of the SCORE/BAJA 1000 in California this coming week.

As a result, the BRE BAJA Z will be here in Florida and we'll be taking it to the ZCCA's Annual Convention in Daytona - at least for Monday and Tuesday. (Wife has to be back for work Wednesday). Hope to see as many of you there as possible for the two days available...

FWIW,

Carl B.

We had a severe thunderstorm around 10:30 friday morning-it was raining like crazy and blowing around where I was-obviously more wind at the house-and evidently that is what picked up my things.

Looking around last night I found the tarp in a neighbors back yard, and the poles lead me to it. This morning I spoke with one of the city crews that was clearing drains and picking up the bigger stuf in the road, and yesterday afternoon, they did pick up some sheetmetal off the street outside of my yard.

I found a good smack to one corner of the roof and a fried digital camera as well.

We will still be headed to Daytona Sunday, but with no car entered, we will be leaving sometime Wednesday. One less thing to keep me from taking pictures at the show for the site!

Carl I hate to hear about your car-but I must admit I am glad to be able to see it in Daytona! I still had detailing the engine, and installing the interior to finish up...

Will

Gus:

I am given to understand that people "must" go to the Convention Hotel at the Beach, to register and sign wavers - - before you can get your car and trailer into the track.

Which means taking the whole rig downtown...... I have not personally been to the Hilton on the beach, and wonder how much room they have to get the truck and trailer into and then out of their parking area???? I don't look forward to dragging the whole rig downtown, then getting stuck where there isn't lots of room to turn around?

Anyone been to the hotel with a truck and trailer? Easy to get in/out - or is the Hilton like most other beach hotels - with very tight parking etc.

Any way to drop the trailer off at the Track, without taking it downtown to the hotel?

thanks,

Carl B.

Gus:

I am given to understand that people "must" go to the Convention Hotel at the Beach, to register and sign wavers - - before you can get your car and trailer into the track.

Which means taking the whole rig downtown...... I have not personally been to the Hilton on the beach, and wonder how much room they have to get the truck and trailer into and then out of their parking area???? I don't look forward to dragging the whole rig downtown, then getting stuck where there isn't lots of room to turn around?

Anyone been to the hotel with a truck and trailer? Easy to get in/out - or is the Hilton like most other beach hotels - with very tight parking etc.

Any way to drop the trailer off at the Track, without taking it downtown to the hotel?

thanks,

Carl B.

Very good question, and you are right it is very tight down there, the little court yard in front of the hotel wont be easy to maneuver with a trailer and the parking is across the street behind the restaurant that is large but mainly long.

Click here for map of location and zoom in.

You will see the hotel on the northeast corner and the parking lot on the southwest corner behind the small building.

What day are you coming?

Hi Gus:

We can make it over Monday around noon - but have to leave after the Car Show Tuesday. My wife has to be back to work Wednesday (to keep me in a style to which I have become accustom;-).

Originally, I was supposed to be in California that week - so she didn't arrange her schedule for anything other than work. She was able to do some last minute rescheduling and clear out Monday and Tuesday.. so we could at least bring the Z for the show..

Could we park the truck and trailer in the Public Parking Lot at the Raceway, (outside the track) - then just take the Z downtown to register etc?

I might be the only person worried about this - but I can't be the only person trailer'ing a car. I'm wondering if everyone else realizes they can't get a truck/trailer into the track, to drop off the trailer/car before going downtown for paperwork.. Might be good to have some solution worked out before everyone arrives.

thanks,

Carl

Call me on my cell phone when you get to the track, Carl. I should be around and will be glad to help you. Don't take the rig out to the Hilton if you can avoid it. Why don't you just meet me at the track and I can take you in to the Hilton. You can park the rig in the lot outside the raceway for the time being.