IGNORED

Early Shift Boots

Mckrack

If you want to go with the earliest version on the shift boot, that I am aware of then I will take you up on that offer. See my post #22. The picture on the left is out of a Z blt 6/70. If that is the one that people agree should be reproduced, I could probably ship it to you in a day or two. If it is the one in the middle picture (blt 1/71), I will need till the weekend to remove it from the car.

Let me know which way you want to go.

Marty

Marty,

As far as I know, there are only two shift boots for the 240z. The early boots which incorporate the soft rubber grommet installed on the series 1 cars, and the later boot with leather ties. The later boot with the leather ties seem to be readily available as they are often offered through ebay sellers. Is this a correct assumption on my part, or were there other variations?

Dan

The early shift boot has the rubber grommet and it was replaced by the shift boot with leather laces. Now, as much as ladies of driving pleasure enjoy lace, we ARE talking about the stick and it deserves a good solid rubber!

Chris,

ROFL ROFL ROFL I have just stopped laughing enough to type-well doggie!

Better make time for cruising that grocery store at shift change time:stupid:

Will

PS, I said I would make the grommet if no one els got in the ring-but I don't even want to know about the PUNishment you give yours!

The early shift boot has the rubber grommet and it was replaced by the shift boot with leather laces. Now, as much as ladies of driving pleasure enjoy lace, we ARE talking about the stick and it deserves a good solid rubber!

Hi Chris,

Is the grommet type of boot the ones that No. 26 & 27 have? Check my post #22. The one on the far left came out of a 6/70 model, which I thought was original. Have you ever seen that design? I wonder if it might be some type of aftermarket replacement. There is no grommet or place for one at the top.

Looks like I will be needing a couple of those grommets.

Marty

Hi Chris,

Is the grommet type of boot the ones that No. 26 & 27 have? Check my post #22. The one on the far left came out of a 6/70 model, which I thought was original. Have you ever seen that design? I wonder if it might be some type of aftermarket replacement. There is no grommet or place for one at the top.

Looks like I will be needing a couple of those grommets.

Marty

Marty, the boot on the left in post #22 is very familiar looking to me - but not from either of my Datsuns. I THINK it might be the original boot from a late '80s or early '90's VW Jetta. I believe that it is the same as the one that came on my wife's '91 GLI 16v when we bought it new. I can't swear to that, not because the car is gone (we still have it), but the original boot is history. That's certainly what your picture reminds me of, even the stitching.