IGNORED

Junkyard & "Out to Pasture" Zs

lonetreesteve

I was flying with my uncle in a Storch out over the desert between Tucson & Phoenix about a year & a half ago. Those planes can maintain altitude while flying extremely slow & low to the ground.

Out in the middle of the desert was a '68 (I think) white Mustang just sitting alone, on state owned land, w/o a road in sight. It was a very similar scene to the black & white B210 pictured above. We flew around it a little but couldn't land to get a look at it. You wouldn't believe how many cars are out there, doing nothing but sitting.

Edited by dkd021
Typo

My claim to fame is.... After 3 years of restoration I finally got the 72 240 out on the road

sans windshield... 40 mph and 30 mile an hour head wind made it a bit breezy...

My trailer options fell through and I wanted to get the Z to the body shop for undercoating. With any luck the Z will be really on the road this summer.

Jay

Not just a Z - zdisease

you know there was a similar z for sale in houston but all the windows were broken from the hurricane that went trough houston. it look almost exactly like that one. right down to the it was sunken into the ground. i offered him 400bux for it because i really needed a parts car asap!!! he look at me and said i need 2000!!! TWO THOUSAND!!! i said, really!?!?why??? was one of the first 240 to roll off the assembly lines in the US??? you have the original window sticker??? all he said was, well its a 71 240z they are rare...after that i just turned around and walked away... its probably still sitting there rusting away.

I was sad to see a 95% complete and definitely restorable 73 get sent to the crusher. It appeared to have a new gas tank, but had a big hole in it from the junyard guy's crowbar. Looked fixable to me. There's wasn't a dent on the entire body except for the one mangled front fender, and very little rust. Anyone looking for a 73 shell would have loved to find this one. I believe they also crushed a 98% complete 260Z with an L28 in it. What a waste. And the stupid Pick&Pull doesn't allow cameras. WTF!!!!

Why are you still alive; you didn't throw yourself into that crusher to save it? ;)

Bryan, you didn't tell us Rolph totalled his 510 back in the day

BTW, my dad and I also pulled a bunch of parts from a damn nice 72 at our local yard. It was so sad to see that they ruined it placing it up on steel wheels under the floorboards :(

He got the doors, the rear bumper, rear hatch and some other misc. stuff.

Edited by five&dime