IGNORED

Question on Air Box sticker

ddezso

True Moonpup. At the end of the day I guess it doesnt really matter because I like what I got but I thought it could be a rare known early variant of something that a guy with a super low '69 Z might have been looking for. Oh well, my engine compartment is all the better now..

Hey Derek, your fuel rail doesn't look right compared to Kat's or mine. It appears to me to be from a '73?

The attached picture is mine, it shows he earlier fuel rail (barely), as well as the sticker locations for the later '71s. (Got to get those two replaced soon.)

post-8596-14150798878462_thumb.jpg

Hey Derek, your fuel rail doesn't look right compared to Kat's or mine. It appears to me to be from a '73?

The attached picture is mine, it shows he earlier fuel rail (barely), s well as the sticker locations for the later '71s. (Got to get those two replaced soon.)

I cant quite spot the difference (except the finish is worn from mine) but it it likely true. My engine is not the original engine - I believe is is from a 74. I am replacing everything I can to make it look more like a 70 to match the body of the car but some elements won't be perfect. Some day I'll get a new rail I'm sure.....

Derek, the difference is mainly in how far back towards the firewall the rail extends. Yours only goes as far as the extra threaded boss in the valve cover, the early ones (as shown in the pictures of Kat's and mine) extends past the rear carb.

Thanks Arne - now I see it. .. . . Now I will have to find a nice correct version. Mine originally was covered with the heat shield wrap and I removed that. It didnt leave behind a very lovely rail. I saw a nice one on ebay a couple weeks ago but decided it was too expensive.