IGNORED

Oddessey

JLPurcell

• 1 month later...

Hey Jerry

I think it looks amazing! But still over five years and there hasn't been any assemblying of the car. I hope he's giving you a smoking deal on the restoration. You have a hella of alot more patience than I would. Hey is that a five speed or are you opting to keep it stock, with a four speed? Take it EZ

Mike

Jerry, I was up there bothering....errr...I mean talking to Aaron while he was putting the suspension under your machine. I was going to tell you that it was going to be a roller real soon but wanted to let Les have the honor when he got back. They are doing really a great job on it for you, I know you are going to love it. Regards, David

Hey Jerry

I think it looks amazing! But still over five years and there hasn't been any assemblying of the car. I hope he's giving you a smoking deal on the restoration. You have a hella of alot more patience than I would. Hey is that a five speed or are you opting to keep it stock, with a four speed? Take it EZ

Mike

Mike,

As to the time, Les did make me a heck of a deal and I knew going in that he was going to work it in as he could. That being said it has taken longer than either of us anticipated but I am all about the outcome. Although I have two racing 5 speeds, mid-close overdrive and mid-close direct, I decided to go back all stock and Les provided an original rebuilt 4 speed for the project. The car had mid-close ratio overdrive 5 speed when I dropped it off.

I have decided to sell all of my old school racing parts this summer on ebay. These are parts from my 70Z when it was prepared as a CP car. All of the racing parts associated with the car from the IMSA preparation are going with the car to Les as part of our original deal. At one time I considered keeping them for a future project but I have too many projects now.

Jerry

Hey Jerry

you said something about the wrong dash you had for the project. Les had a replacement for you and you two just traded. What year dash was it that you had. I need to go up and visit les. I could use a crack free dash for my 73. Because Les is local, I'm thinking of ordering a bunch of interior parts from him. That way I would save on shipping vs. MSA. Well can't wait to see the finished project! Take it EZ.

Mike

Mike, Les had a NOS 72 dash in stock and the NOS dash I sent out with the car was for a Series 1 car. I beilieve he has a project for it. He does have the original dash out of my car, it was in great shape, one minor flaw, and he has restored it. JLP

Amazing - - Off hand - I can't think of an original equipment part for a 240Z, that is more rare than a NOS Series I dash... I see NOS 72/73 dashes every once in a while here in the US - usually in the $1500.00 to $1800.00 "asking" price range. Very hard to find a crack free Series I dash USED, then get it shipped and installed without having it cracked in shipping, or as its being installed.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Edited by Carl Beck

• 1 month later...
Yes sir Carl, it is brand new in the bag and it has the 5 gears on the top. It is perfect.

Montezuma,

Thanks for taking the time to find the NOS Shift Knob:beer:. Although I sent the car out to Les with a Mid-Close-Ratio 5 Speed we are putting a stock 4 speed back in the car.

Thanks again,

Jerry Purcell