IGNORED

'70 240z in denver

Darrel

Keep your options open for other cars like the 280z. There have been a few popping up on CL pretty cheap.

I still have the ad from cl on the 280z 2+2 for $500, not sure if it's sold yet.

I'd like to get a 240 if possible, but will expand my search more if I can't find anything that fits me. With that said, if you can PM me the info for the 280Z 2+2 I'll definitely reach out and see if it's still available to check out.

Dont discard the idea of a 260Z. Early ones are light weight like the 240Z. Later ones are more 280Zish. Get one with a great interior and sell me stuff that you dont need for the racing part.:D

Carl B. (and other historians) can correct me, but I think that 1974 was the highest selling year of the 240-260-280's. Hence, more of em!;)

Highest selling year, maybe, but the 240z ran from 70-73 and the 280z from 75-78, both 4 year runs compared to only one for the 260.

There was a 260 on craigs list as well.

ok, ok, This is the north american market numbers.

Edited by Darrel
moonpup made me do it.

Highest selling year, maybe, but the 240z ran from 70-73 and the 280z from 75-78, both 4 year runs compared to only one for the 260.

There was a 260 on craigs list as well.

LOOK OUT! Condescending lecture for not including the rest of planet earth coming in 10-9-8-7-6-5-4.......

:rolleyes:

Carl B. (and other historians) can correct me, but I think that 1974 was the highest selling year of the 240-260-280's. Hence, more of em!;)

Looks like 1977 with 84,156 total produced and 75,957 exported was the highest production year for the First Generation Z's. A few of the units exported to other than North America would have been additional 260Z units.

1974 production 62,961 total with 54,026 exported

1979 105,045 produced and 85,643 exported set the record for the Second Generation

Of course these are "calendar year production/export" numbers so there is some overlap of specific models - given that model change overs were in the last quarter of the year...

FWIW,

Carl B.

Well, I put some money down on this 240Z tonight. I'll go by tomorrow night to finish the deal. The car is partially disassembled and the current owner is going to trailer it to my house on Saturday. I'm pretty excited!

It's in great shape and comes with several new performance modifications for me to install. I'll get some pictures up this weekend. :D

Hi Don,

I wondered what had happened to this car. I also looked at back in 2006 (see post #17 of this thread). Looks like from a mechanical standpoint, the new owner put a some time and a some money into the car so it's in good running condition now, which is definitely an improvement from before. $3k doesn't seem out of line for a low VIN Series 1 car with its original matching engine; however, it still has some significant rust issues. I definitely think that the car is restorable and will probably sell for the $3k or pretty close to it, but I'm afraid that whoever ends up buying the car is going to end up spending a lot of money on the rust repairs.

Hi Darrel,

I can't believe it's been over 3 years since you first spotted this car on Craig's List and started this thread. I was a little surprised to see that the new owner hasn't had any bodywork done to the car yet.

It looks like Some_guy hasn't been on the sight since March of 2007, so it's really hard to say what he ended up doing.

I think this is one of the cars I looked at a couple years ago when I purchased my current 72'. It was in very rough shape, rusted floor pans and frame rails, it was so bad I did not even test drive it.

ok Max, pics or it didn't happen.

LOL, here you go. It was delivered around 3:00 on Saturday. I have the parts missing from the picture in my garage. It really is in fantastic shape. Susan and I are trying to decide what original color we should paint it (we're currently torn between orange and blue). The VIN is HLS3022352.

4318332414_1d68f3b581.jpg

4317599965_ffd055dc5e.jpg

4317599795_0e6426cba4.jpg

Edited by Hard Max