IGNORED

Restoration is back on track (with a lot of help)

Mike

• 12 years later...

Decided to update my build thread with some of my latest photos in 2019.  Old thread, time to bring her back to life after installing new VTO wheels and BFG summer tires...

Both new wheels/tires here:

C1E364A1-D84D-41DE-8F68-8B8E969872C2.jpeg.6052e6b91ee510d34f82ae71099a48cd.jpeg

New fronts:

62BC349F-C7BB-4F10-AFCF-29D1EF9B2F30.jpeg.7f95686b4948efc43ff2d5d6692db2c8.jpeg

New in front (no caps), and old wheels on the rear..

IMG_3260.jpeg

Both new wheels on the passenger side:

IMG_3275.jpeg

Old wheels on the rear, driver side, just for comparison... 

IMG_3259.jpeg

Here's the fit on the rears...

IMG_3280.jpeg

• Like 3

On 2/28/2007 at 2:41 PM, =Enigma= said:

Congrats on finally getting is finished and back on the road. I'm sure it must feel great to finally be able to enjoy the car from behind the wheel. I love the triple SU setup. Very unique and visually appealing. How does it perform with them?

@=Enigma=, I know it's been a few years since you asked this question.  The triple SU's were very unique and pulled hard.  They weren't mine and built by Steve at Ztherapy.  He wanted to make a point by building something that other said "could not be done..."

In the end, Steve installed my triple Mikuni's which I think sound much better.  ?

Mike

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LeonV said:

Looking good! What do you think of the BFG SC2 so far?

Hey @LeonV, I like their appearance and tread pattern.  I haven't driven them yet due to brake issues (leaky hydraulic switch), but, will let you know once I'm able to street test.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, I found my original door and engine plates in a random box.  I did start another post to discuss replacements below.  Glad I found these before I purchased new ones.

IMG_3367.jpeg

Here's the post I created about buying and creating new plates: