IGNORED

Other cars you own, or drive?

astrohog

I have attached a photo of my 1988 BMW M6, its makes nearly 300 hp dinan chiped, and has the dinan stage one suspension. It's very refined and doesn't have that raw sports car feel and sound experience that I get from my Z! My daily driver is a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab pickup, with the factory 20" wheels, chrome step rail & hard tonneau cover, all in black. (Texas Car).

post-12196-14150798068787_thumb.jpg

Nice cars, especially the M6,

Currently in the stable 2 2004 Rx8's, 98 Volvo V70, 70 240, 94 GMC Suburban, 90 something Rabbit (joint owner Rallyx car often times rented out for those that don't have a car).

In the past 65 GTO, 71 240Z, Pontiac Sunbird, Subie GL AWD turbo (ordered this one the first year they came out), Subie DL, Chevy K5 Blazer, Datsun 1200, and several others.

I drove a Crown Vic pursuit special for many, many years prior to retirement.

Paul

Thats pretty cool how a few Z and ZX are still daily drivers!

How many other 70's cars can handle this job with such reliability?My 79 ZX fills the commuter role for much of the year (except winter) as it has for me for the last 16 years.

I now have added a 94 Toyota Previa van AWD for other commuting, and use it for my hauling band equipment and camping.

As opposed to the truck preference I have utilized vans for my home needs.

I now have a 7 acre spread , and am using the Previa for my tasks.

If it's hauling something like garbage I use tarps to cover the interior.

Previously an 82 Dodge one-ton filled this role. It is a camper van with high top roof. Excellent for camping, and carrying enormous loads.

This is the extended legnth Dodge van. The biggest freakin' van they made.

HUGE GAS HOG ( for sale!).

I like it because it has a bed ,stove and table, but not alot of other creature comforts to fill the interior so you can haul of tons of stuff.

But at 12 miles per gallon on the highway, the golden era of this van have come to an eventual close, at least for me.

Before that, I used a 72 Volkswagen Bus for my alternate daily driver along with the ZX.

My 78 was a daily driver up to about 4 years ago when it got stolen. It has always been reliable and still could be a daily driver today had I not bought the 810. It's also reliable and I've used it for a daily driver for a little over 3 years now. Knowing them both inside and out doesn't hurt. These are not 'drive them till they drop' type cars like they build now. Like the ones that will supposedly 100,000 miles between tune ups, etc. They need regular preventative maintainence. And I really wouldn't suggest that people of limited mechanical knowledge attempt to use them as daily drivers.

The only thing that my daily driver and my Z have in common is that they are both orange and Japanese, oh yea and they both get a lot of looks. I just had my '88 Suzuki Samurai painted 350Z orange a couple of weeks ago. Here are a couple of pics of both at a local show n shine last weekend.

post-8626-14150798125726_thumb.jpg

post-8626-14150798126207_thumb.jpg

2007 Kawasaki KLR 650, just got it!

2006 Infiniti FX35, my daily driver

2003 BMW X5, wifes buggy, (you should see the maintenance bills, whew!)

1995 Mazda pickup, 4x4 V6, for hauling the big/dirty stuff

1986 Porsche 944, keeps the miles off the daily driver

1970 240Z, #4880, to be determined

I agree with the truck comments. I got tired of asking friends/neighbors if I could borrow their truck so we decided to get a used one and boy do I like having it.