IGNORED

Who can guess what this is?

Fun_in_my_z

Here is the translation of the text from that Russian site according to Babelfish (its not a great translation):

"Russian srednemotornoye sleeping compartment sky will be accelerated to "hundred" in six seconds. Is such the calculated dynamics of the most powerful version of the automobile, at which now works Moscow firm R.A.D. (Russian automobile design). Company is in earnest intended to organize the small-scale production of machine, its full-scale mock-up already could be seen on the exhibitions OF MIMS-200SHCH and Interavto-200shch. Machine is projected on the basis of series, predominantly domestic, aggregates, which will make it possible to hold its cost in the limits of y2000-yshch000$ with the volume of the production of 500-1000 pieces per year. Sky must interest, for example, those, who buy VENYUKOVSKY FITTINGS PLANT 2108-2112, and then packs into tyuning several of thousand dollars, making from the automobile "rocket" - it is numerous such people. Associating with the potential buyers on the exhibitions, drafters explained that machine away not to acquire and the owners of expensive foreign-produced brands - "for the soul". Sky will be proposed with the engines with power of 94, or 145 horsepower, which with the equipped mass of 850-900 kg will ensure very not bad dynamics. The stylistics of automobile, as we already noted, slightly resembles Opel Speedster: the surface of small curvature, the minimum of itemization, the square "ceiling light shades" of backing lamps. But it does not go about the plagiarism of speech, as a whole the design is original and learned, very successfully found the common format of body with the cowling, "broken in two" in the middle. Frontal and lateral glass they are undertaken from VENYUKOVSKY FITTINGS PLANT 2110, this will make it possible to reduce the cost of production, illumination engineering - Hella. The machine has flat bottom and diffuser in the rear bumper, which must ensure a sufficient tightening force even without the use of anti-wings."

Zak

Question was: "Who can guess what this is? "

No correct answers yet.

hls30 almost got it right with his answer: "A picture of a car".

But I believe the correct answer to the question "Who can guess what this is?"

is "everyone can".

Would also accept "anyone can", or "I can" as the correct answer.

Case closed. Lets get on with talking about Z cars.

Jim,

Nifty little car, it definetly looks better, but I don't think that's the same one either...

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=tesla04&date=20060804&query=electric+car

Bill's first post stated it's not American or Japanese, and the Tesla Roadster is American (Silicon Valley, Ca).

I'm sticking to my guns though, I think it's the Russian one... Russian Auto Design (R.A.D.) "Sky".

Nate

If it was made only until 2001 that would mean it's based on the Zed 3 roadster M, and the Z3 wasn't exactly a very good car...so they didn't trash a perfectly good BMW, they trashed one that real drivers didn't much care for.

They sure sold a lot of them to yuppies and ladies around Chicago though...

If it was made only until 2001 that would mean it's based on the Zed 3 roadster M, and the Z3 wasn't exactly a very good car...so they didn't trash a perfectly good BMW, they trashed one that real drivers didn't much care for.

They sure sold a lot of them to yuppies and ladies around Chicago though...

:sick:

I am neither a yuppie nor a lady around Chicago, yet I've got an M Roadster.

Consider this-my ZX weighs in at 3,265 lbs. and puts out 132 hp..

The bmw weighs in at 3,635 lbs. and puts out 240 hp.

While a 1.9l Z3 is a pointless contraption, let me assure you that a 3.2l M version is worth it, and if real drivers don't care for it, then I will happily be a "fake" driver.

Now, if they had taken a Audi TT, I would agree with you wholeheartedly.

david

post-11908-14150798062_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150798062272_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150798062527_thumb.jpg

... Consider this-my ZX weighs in at 3,265 lbs. and puts out 132 hp..

The bmw weighs in at 3,635 lbs. and puts out 240 hp.

While a 1.9l Z3 is a pointless contraption.....

Your comparison is, after all, to a ZX which many would put in the same catagory.