IGNORED

my wheels arrived today!

Originally posted by: khughes

oh well.. i guess i am going to have to be extra paranoid about them!

You would still have the option to have them powdercoated with a durable clear finish.

Just have to open up that wallet a little more.:P

watanabes scratch real easy, so i doubt they're powdercoated. which is good for you because it'd be a real job to remove that powdercoating to polish

i've seen a few sets of f8's that were all black or gunmetal, but the paint scratches showed a machined/clear coated lip underneath

If the machined/clear coated lup showed under the scraqtches, then whoever painted them didn't prep them correctly. Sounds like the owner had the finish what Kent wants - painted inside and machined lip, and had them painted over to all black without proper prep work.

Don't worry too much about scratches, Kent, there are other, more important things to worry about like vandals, thieves and curb rash . . . .

Just kidding!

• 3 weeks later...

I got my wheels back on wednesday, and only managed to get a photo of them today, they look so much better now!! the one photo'd is the 16x8.5" enjoy!

hopefully tomorrow i should get my hands on a used set of road legal semi slicks too... they will probably be a little too thin for use as proper tyres, but they will do for now (just for fitting, brake sizing etc..)

post-6769-14150797995344_thumb.jpg

post-6769-14150797995659_thumb.jpg

were they painted? or is it just the lighting conditions (camera settings) make them look pretty different? either way they look dam nice, and the polished lip sets them off nicely, it'd take me forever to choose which colour to get them in!

• 1 month later...

today i had to take my car to SWR for it's big brakes to be fitted (among other things), so finally i managed to get some rubber on the rims and stick them on the car!

i know some of you have been waiting on pics, so here they are!

it looks like they will fit very very well with the flares..

post-6769-14150798298527_thumb.jpg

post-6769-1415079829888_thumb.jpg

today i had to take my car to SWR for it's big brakes to be fitted (among other things), so finally i managed to get some rubber on the rims and stick them on the car!

i know some of you have been waiting on pics, so here they are!

it looks like they will fit very very well with the flares..

I didn't know rubber bands came in that size and blackROFL !

Will

i know i know... when i rang the tyre place, they wouldn't touch the wheels because of the size and because the car needs to be engineered (they just told me to speak to my engineer, which i don't have yet). So i just bought the cheapest 16" wheels i could find ($50 a pop), just to get the car rolling, so the brakes will fit.

the tyres were 205/45 and 205/60... and man were they a stretch on the 8"/8.5" rims

Kent,

Those look perfect. I don't think any other wheel belongs on a C110. The attitude of the car is completely changed once Wats are installed. It goes from "ho-hum" to "damn that thing looks pissed off". I do have a question though. When you modify the rear wheel arch, do you need to rework the inner fender or is the only metal that is cut on the outside of the car? Regardless of the work needed, these are the wheels I am going to use as well. And speaking of my car, she looks a bit lonely sitting on that trailer in the background.

Brian