IGNORED

good news guys! grills and spoilers

khughes

Hi Guys,

i have approached Phil at challange fibreglass, and have sent a bunch of photo's to him of the parts.. just awaiting a responce and hopefully we can get the ball rolling!

higher res photo's are attached for those interested (they show how the grill brackets and mesh is riveted on, i am not sure if Phil will do this, or you will have to)

grill.zip

Hi Guys,

i have been in contact with Phil, and he is confident that it will be fine. I just have to make up a mounting template off the car to ensure that the mounts don't move when he fixes it and then i will ship them down to him for moulding.

He is confident that he can re-create the steel brackets, rivets as well, and will also search around to source the same type of grill material, so fingers crossed you will be able to buy the whole thing from him

Kent

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

A Quick Update, I received an email from Phil today, and the moulds should be complete this week. With parts being made up for myself and Brian late in the week.

If anyone is interested in getting some made up, it is probably best to contact Phil from Challange Fibreglass on (m) 0418 567 019, they are located in melbourne and email address is phil@melbpc.org.au

If you are in Sydney, and are ready to get the parts now (and pay up), then i can possibly get it included in my shipment of bits, but i need to know asap, so that it will not delay my order (otherwise Brian will kill me :) )

kent, interesting that i just returned from holidays to find the box containing my replica grill on the doorstep

and wouldn't you know it, it was cracked in much the same manner as yours, but in a spot easier that will be easier to mend

whomever or whatever smashed it did a pretty good job as the area cracked is structurally heavy duty

:stupid:

Hi guys, I read with much interest about your grills and spoilers etc.....

Still waiting for a reply from Phil about my query about the c110 arches! Also in the future I would also love a set of spoilers and a grill!!!:D :D :D

I have read back all the threads on the forum and I am impressed with your knowledge of the c110 beast!! Having owned mine for 18 years now! My father gave me it when I was 14!! Its due its long deserved restoration!!:D :D

Hey there!

Firstly, Welcome to the forum.

Secondly, what type of C110 is it you have? I know the Hardtop is a rare beast in the UK so if you do have a hardtop version I know of several people who would be very interested in having a look.

If you have any more queries, just ask. We're a fairly friendly bunch on here. ;)