IGNORED

good news guys! grills and spoilers

khughes

Well Guys!!!!! fantastic news!!!

my KPGC110 fibreglass replica grill and front/rear spoiler has touched down in sydney (THANKS SOOOOO MUCH MILES!), and i am just holding my breath until Australia Post delivers!

when i get hold of them, i will take some photo's and then start arranging to get them sent off to a fibreglasser (probably the guy in melbourne) to make moulds.

I am not sure if he will be doing the front grill (i assume it is going to be quite awkward), but maybe i should start getting a show of hands to who wants what, I am afraid that this guy may not get around to making the moulds for ages unless there is some interest, and i want to get them back sooner rather than later for painting! so the more interest, the faster he can organise it?? not sure how we would go about this? either deal with him direct, or maybe as a group buy if someone wants to organise it

the reason for using the guy in melbourne, is then we have a one stop place to go for all parts.

Front lip spolier : 2

Rear wing spoiler : 3

GTR replica grill : 3 (assuming this gets copied)

Don't ask me about prices, i havn't even spoken to the guy about it yet (but he has been warned this will happen by bruce).

Wow, that was fast. The grille has metal wire and bracing behind it, so it would need to come off if it's going to be replicated.

Guys, this stuff is getting hard to come by in Japan, so it would be better to show some interest. Heck, you could even start to export them back to Japan!

Put me down for all of them. Even though I don't have a car yet, I will eventually. Even if I get one that has the parts, it can't hurt to have spares.

Miles,

Any word on the KGC10 parts we discussed?

Brian

Congrat's Kent and we all thank you Miles ;-)

Yep, count me in for one of everything, with possibly two grills.

Kent, when I chatted to Phil about it, he said it will not cost you anything to have the moulds made. Just when it comes to getting replacements made. I cannot remember the price estimates, but there are discussed in one of the treads somewhere.

Damn, I hate being out of work. I would take two of everything otherwise.

I rang Phil about the flares he was planning on making about a month ago to sort out payment and shipping to NZ. Has anyone else got theirs yet or heard from him how long they will take? I would definately be keen on the rear spoiler too.

Jeremy

apparently the spoilers and the grill arrived at home today.. wohoo!

Bruce, can you pm me the guy's details so i can contact him regarding this all going ahead (unless you have dealt with him prevously, in which case i am more than happy to let you handle it, just as long as he doesn't destroy my parts!)

i will post some pics tonight for you all!

Hi Guys,

The spoilers and grill arrived yesterday! unfortunately it looks like the postman was a little careless, and the grill coped a bit of a beating, but it should be fixable for the mould.

I will ring the fibreglass guy next week and start organising!

pics attached for those interested

Kent

post-6769-14150797501661_thumb.jpg

post-6769-14150797501894_thumb.jpg

post-6769-14150797502157_thumb.jpg

post-6769-14150797502421_thumb.jpg

i wonder that myself!

I will ask phil, if he is not prepared to fix it, then i will need to find somebody else who is prepared to (given the money he will make out of the moulds i don't see why he would have a problem with it).

heres hoping