IGNORED

"Weld Thru Primer"

ncz

OK quick question, someone told me that Eastwood rust encapsulator would work well as a weld thru primer. I know you can't have 100% non-rust after welding anything, but will this work or do I have to buy the "Weld Thru" stuff? Any ideas??

Weld thru primer has a high zinc content so that it is conductive, all exposed weld thru primer should be removed after the weld before priming with your normal primer. If you buy it get the brush on kind, spray cans seem to clog easy and if they set for a while won't spray at all, at least in my experiance.

IMHO if you can get to both sides of the weld, just weld it and be sure to prep and finish both sides. If not anything is probably better than nothing...

And to answer your question, never used the Eastwood stuff so I can't say, I'd shoot them an email and ask, they've always have been real responcive to my inquires.

I know from experiance that you can weld thru almost anythingLOL my biggest concern would be if it was made to be welded thru, if not it might release fumes that arn't very healthy:knockedou

I would stick with the stuff that was made to be welded thru. I could weld thru galvinized coating all day long if I wouldn't pass out from the fumes.