IGNORED

1970 240Z Low# For Sale On Ebay

boyblunda

Carl

Sorry for the dated reply/information. I have been doing some research lately in regards to compliance plate fitment here in Australia and have come up with the following dates.

Mandatory fitment registered on or after-

South Australia - 1st July, 1970

New South Wales - 1st August, 1972

Victoria - Not mandatory < 1969; general use/fitment mid-1972

Tasmania - March, 1970 (date unknown)

The above-mentioned dates have been supplied directly from the transport authorities in the respective states. If anyone is able to fill in the data for Qld, WA, NT it would be appreciated; no hear say info, actual info.

Saying that, Im not sure exactly how closely the above-dates were followed.

Hope this helps some.

Joseph

Hi Joseph:

Thanks - That explains why there seems to be so much confusion as to when the actual metal Compliance Tags had to be affixed to the cars. I am surprised that related to imports, the individual States sat different regulations...

In relation to Tasmania - what does that mean? March, 70 (date unknown)??? Should it read "day unknown"... as March 70 is a date (yes/no?)

Let me know if anyone comes up with additional information.

thanks,

Carl B.

Carl Beck

Clearwater,FL USA

11/69 HLS30 00020

12/69 HLS30 00587

71 240-Z

72 240-Z

72 240-Z

73 BRE Baja Z

83 280ZX Turbo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
At the present time, it seems to me that the likely build date of HS30-00004 has been established - but this should not necessarily be taken to mean that the three cars given the numbers preceding it were made hours or even days before it. It could have been several weeks or indeed months.

We have discussed the matters of 'Sekkei Shisaku', 'Gijyutsu ( Kojyo ) Shisaku' and 'Seisan Shisaku' on this forum before - and we should not forget that a total of 61 "prototypes" were reported to have been made ( with at least the 'Seisan Shisaku' cars being assigned a full VIN and body serial number ) - so we could go back to that philosophical discussion about when a car is a car, and what constitutes a physical identity. In the case of the very first 'HS30' prefixed cars, I'd say that since it is highly likely that HS30-00001, HS30-00002 and HS30-00003 actually did exist, we would have to be very foolish to discount the likelihood that they were made some time in late 1969 and were 'Seisan Shisaku' cars, and were therefore assigned a full VIN and body serial number.

Anybody with an interest in the subjects discussed in this thread - and specifically the points raised in the above quote - might like to check out post #96 on this thread:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?p=178255

......which contains NEW information from a very reliable source:

Here is some questions for you,

#1 which car was built early between them?What was a seaquence for them?

The answer is ,No.1 is S30-00001 No.2 is HLS30-00001 No.3 is PS30-00001.

The data sheet which I have posted its picture before assits this sequence so you can review my old post.

#2 Which car was built early between HS30-00001 and HLS30-00003?

The answer is,HS30-00001 was earlier than HLS30-00003.Why I asked this,I just want to tell all of you HS30-00001 was made in JUL 1969 to cross-reff with my old data. Is not this great,is it!Alan!! HLS30-00002 was also made in JUL but it is earlier than HS30-00001.HLS30-00003 was made in AUG 1969.

So HS30-00001 was built in July 1969 ( before HLS30-00003 ). Interesting and relevant, I think.

Alan T.

From what i have gathered over the years, HS30 000001 - 000003 were kept by nissan japan and #2 and #3 were made into factory race cars.

Also HS30 production started before HLS30's, being JDM cars, hence the RHD cars being able to have an 1969 production date - as stated above Aug - Dec, thats 5 months of production right there.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wish to add some more to what Joseph has stated. A metal compliance plate affixed with the approval of the Australian Motor Vehicle Certification board contained information codes for identification of compliance to current Australian Design Rules. Some of these rules date back to Jan 70 ( Hyd Brakes). ADR plates where affixed with approval of the board by the manufacturers and importers in the honeymoon periods prior to mandatory compliance for each state. This has been standard practice for the vehicle industry here. This practice has been recorded on HS30 as early as 12/70 to my knowledge. I have seen earlier on other Datsun models.

Loss of an ADR compliance plate for older vehicles will not prevent vehicle registration.

Cheers

Steve