IGNORED

Stolen Corvette Found 37 Years Later

lonetreesteve

Then there was the guy who bought a Torana shell from a NZ racer. The racer had got the shell new from the factory, but never fitted it out and this guy bought it 25 or so years later and bought it back to Australia. Turned it into a nice car, but then had to explain to the Dept of Transport why he had a 30 year old car that had never been registered before and wasn't on their records anywhere.

Well I didn't have to kick the guys a$$. Even though I wanted too :devious:

What happened to me was right after this christmas. I keep my Z in a nice dry storage garage when I'm not using it this time of year for obvious reasons. I'm in MN. :) anyways I went down to check up on it because I was missing it terribly. (Winter is too damn long :cry: ) so I stopped by and had my door up and I was in there puttering around and this guy rolls up by my garage in this piece of sh!t Hundai accent and just stares in my garage. He then backs up, gets out and starts talking to me "WOW that sure is an awesome ride you have there, mind if I take a look?" Thinking he may be just a nice person I said sure. He started asking all this B.S. like "How fast have you gotten it up too? How many miles do you have? How does it run? Are there any knocks in the motor? ect. Right away I thought this guy is strange. It's one thing to show interest in someones car and compliment it but I don't ask stupid a$$ questions like "does the motor haveany knocks" "How fast have you gotten it up to" Then here is the other joke- I ask him "Do you have classic car?" and then he goes on to tell me "Yeah, I have 3 60's Mustangs 1 being a parts car, then I have a 69 Hemi Charger in Arizona that I just bought but haven't picked up yet. HAHA and he's driving this Pile of crap. This guys stories were so far out in left field it was funny. So then he get back in his car, leaves and as he leaves I look out my garage and see him parked at the end of my row where my garage is and when he saw me poke my head out the garage, he takes off. I knew right away this guy was up to NO good. So I wait for him to leave and then I left. Later that night I thought i'm going back to double check on things which was about 2 hrs. later and guess who was back? I'm really getting concearned now. I then left again and came back again for the third time and he was there again just sitting in his car not doing a damn thing. So then I got on my cell phone and called up the owner of the facility and told everything that was going on. He called me back and said "Yeah, this does sound awefully weird. I'll go down there and ask him what the hell he is doing. He claims that his mother has a garage there and the reason he is sitting there is because he ran out of gas Which is B.S. because I saw Exhaust coming out of his tail pipe :rolleyes:

Anyway the owner called the cops and apparently they took care of him from what I was told and I haven't seen him since.

I got my Z in my garage a certain way so there is NO way in hell anyone could get it out. I'd go into detail how but it would just make this post even longer :)

I guess the moral of the story is DON'T TRUST ANYONE and always be on guard when you own a Classic car like our Z's.