IGNORED

Stolen Corvette Found 37 Years Later

lonetreesteve

That is amazing. That guy has got to be pretty damn happy.

I had some dirt bag stalking my Z at the place where I store it at during winter and I cought onto his B.S. right away. Long story short I took care of the situation and the a$$hole hasn't been seen since.

Don't ever leave your Z unattended. Now days you can't trust anyone.

This story broke just after I left the US. At the time I had a black corvette stingray convertible going into a container to be shipped back home, and was a little concerned until I was sure it wasn't mine. I bet that bloke would be amazed to get it back. The car has a big block bonnet, so I wonder if it was a big block car? Nice.

That is amazing. That guy has got to be pretty damn happy.

I had some dirt bag stalking my Z at the place where I store it at during winter and I cought onto his B.S. right away. Long story short I took care of the situation and the a$$hole hasn't been seen since.

Don't ever leave your Z unattended. Now days you can't trust anyone.

I had some guy do that to my Z right outside of the restaraunt I used to work at. We parked in the back, and it got a little dark out there. I was outside washing mats and the asphault off, and I saw him walk up, peer in the window, through the louvers, and just check the car out, then run off when he saw me. I went in and told my coworkers, and me and the pizza cook went outside to look for him and to kick his arse. Come to find out, it was the husband of one of our hostesses, and he owned a 240Z he had since high school. She introduced us, and he brought his Z. Pretty sexy, all redone motor, painted white by him and a friend, sunroof (ewww...), and sidepipes, and the classic whaletail. Not bad, except for the sunroof.

Similar story happend over here.

Somone had a unlicenced kingswood shell (might have been a monaro, I dont recall exactly) in their front yard. Dont think it had a motor even. Needed a complete restoration.

So somone decided to do a complete restoration, new paint, V8 engine, interior, etc. Problem was they stole the shell from the guys front yard and used the chassis to restore.

The cops got suspisious when the restored car was presented for inspection at the licencing center. Dont remember why exactly, I dont think the article said. Maybe the chassis number was covered over.

Anyway the cops did some detective work and found that it was the stolen shell, so the newly restored car was returned to the rightfull owner.

Not bad eh?

Leave a junker in your front yard, get a fully restored car back a year later.