IGNORED

Electric Windows in 240k?

240kman

Thanks again for the information guys, I'm totally overwhelmed, by the information supplied and the effort gone to.

JIM- these pictures are a great help, if I can't source these parts I might have a go at replicating them. One other question, the book of "chronological listing of skylines", is this book still available?

Hey Jim and all,

Apologies for my delayed response, ive been holidaying in Melb for the past five days. In any case, thats some pretty comprehensive and compelling evidence, and to be honest, i dont have nearly as big guns to back my case up. It merely stems from vague, indirect conversations with others on forums and the like as to the availability of the c110 in 1972/73. Im glad youve been able to convincingly prove me wrong anyhow! - Thats a mighty fine publication you have in your posession, indeed is it still available? There is very little doubt in my mind that you are correct, however, it would be nice if someone could pop up and mention what the actual availability of the c110 was in late '72? How does this sound, though: As the debate has been waged for many years to determine the earliest AVAILABLE Z's, could the same scenario have beset the skyline - ie produced in late '69, not available till very early '70? Just a thought.

Many regards,

Tom

Can you get Yahoo(JP) serious?LOL

Here's the 1977 edition (first) on yahoo JP, not long to go unfortunately. Bit pricey but it IS one I would like:bunny: http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e52057797

....and here is the one I have, the 1982 edition (2nd I believe?) I bought it in 1983!

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b62950543

Not a bad price. I don't know where else you could get your hands on these books now!

the one with the firebreather is the copy I have, so is the isbn info.

The one with the racing kpgc10s is the dearer 1977 copy. You'll find both on Yahoo auctions JP with the links in the previous post.

P.S. if anyone manages to buy the first (1977) edition, please let me know. I'm very interested in the record in its sleeve in the back of the book!!

Jim.

post-6441-14150796416613_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150796416915_thumb.jpg

post-6441-1415079641741_thumb.jpg

P.S. if anyone manages to buy the first (1977) edition, please let me know. I'm very interested in the record in its sleeve in the back of the book!!

Jim.

Jim,

I have the '77 ( 'Spirit Of Skyline - Symbol Of 20 Years Of Quality'' ) and '83 ( 'The Skyline - Symbol Of 25 Years Of Quality' ) books and I can tell you that they are both distinctly different books.

They are both excellent, but the earlier one is bigger, is a hardback, and has more fold-outs and features. It must have cost a lot more to make.

Ask Alfadog about the 'Sound Of Skyline' record in the back. I made a recording of it for him. He probably knows the words off by heart by now.

Cheers,

Alan T.

Jim,

I have the '77 ( 'Spirit Of Skyline - Symbol Of 20 Years Of Quality'' ) and '83 ( 'The Skyline - Symbol Of 25 Years Of Quality' ) books and I can tell you that they are both distinctly different books.

They are both excellent, but the earlier one is bigger, is a hardback, and has more fold-outs and features. It must have cost a lot more to make.

Ask Alfadog about the 'Sound Of Skyline' record in the back. I made a recording of it for him. He probably knows the words off by heart by now.

Cheers,

Alan T.

I suspected as much Alan! Now you've simply hardened my resolve to aquire my own copy, but I will certainly be chatting with my good mate Lachlan:classic: about getting some form of copy of the record. Did you record it to cassette tape or CD-r?

I recall seeing somewhere online during one of my trawling exercises, some 45rpm records with the sounds of '60s Japanese performance cars; Prince Skyline GT-B, Toyota 2000 GT....can't remember the rest:stupid:

I did find the "2&4" R380 History dvd you spoke of, "Best Motoring" have links on their site to resellers in Japan.....I'll see if the Japanese bookshop in Sydney will help out with getting one for me, along with the M3 entertainment compilation, although I'm yet to find it on line.

Thanks for the info Alan:classic:

post-6441-14150796417835_thumb.jpg

.....but I will certainly be chatting with my good mate Lachlan:classic: about getting some form of copy of the record. Did you record it to cassette tape or CD-r?

I recorded it onto a C60 cassette for him. I don't have any equipment that would transfer a vinyl recording to CD-R......

Which was funny, as when I gave it to Lachlan he looked as though I'd given him a papyrus scroll or something. Said he didn't have a cassette player in the house ( made me feel very old all of a sudden ).

Hope you get those DVDs OK. They are worth every penny in my opinion.

Cheers,

Alan T.

I did not win the auction. I gave up after 2 or 3 bids. The auction has an extension option, whereby if in the last 5 minutes a bid is placed, the auction automatically extends. Needless to say, after 3 time extensions and the bid up to 15,501 with the incremental increase raised from 500 to 1,000, I called it quits. I'll check the winning bid later today and post it. I maxed out at 15,001, which is about 126.00 USD.

The winning bid was 15,501. But, here's an odd footnote. The bidding ended about 11:20. Positive feedback was posted by the seller around 8:30. There is no way for the buyer to conclude the transaction that fast. The banks are all closed and don't open until 9:00 (Japanese pay by bank transfer). There is no way for the seller to access his account to check for payment for the same reasons. We smell something rotten. Sounds like a shill buyer boosting up the price for the seller. Lucky I gave up. We complained to Yahoo Japan.

I recorded it onto a C60 cassette for him. I don't have any equipment that would transfer a vinyl recording to CD-R......

Which was funny, as when I gave it to Lachlan he looked as though I'd given him a papyrus scroll or something. Said he didn't have a cassette player in the house ( made me feel very old all of a sudden ).

LOL Sorry! But I did find a cassette player. I'll see if I can make a copy of it for you Jim.