IGNORED

Electric Windows in 240k?

240kman

Does anyone know if c110 skylines or 240k-GT's etc, came out with electric/power windows, mainly for the 2dr version. I wan't to put some in my 240k-GL coupe, I have found that the main contol switch from a c210 skyine centre consul fits perfect in the consul of the 240K. There is a lift out blank panel in the 240k consul that this switch bolts into, the screw holes are there and everything. This makes me think they were thinking about bringing out electric windows or they came out in other models and not the ones in Australia. If anyone can share some light on this topic I would appreciate it.

They sure did! Confined to the JDM models though.I've only ever seen one in Australia, an imported Skyline badged C110 two door with lotsa options including power windows.(~20 years ago in Newtown!) The K&HGC110 GTX ES & EL model Skylines from 9/72 on would have been the most likely candidates. I have a '71-'72 KGC10 GTX that has factory fast glass!

I do have a 240K parts manual I can check later........

Jim.

Indeed Jim is correct, the JDM c110 GTX model skylines came with electric windows from the factory. If you are familiar with Yahoo Auctions Japan, you may be able to source a set up from a seller there. Otherwise the only real option would be to order the cranks etc from nissan jp, unless the c210 items would do the trick? I would think it to be unlikely, however, as the c210 has differently shaped doors and glass.

As a side note, Jim, i dont belive the c110 was available to the public in either Japan or export markets before 1973. Prove me wrong :D!

And one other thing. The blanked out panel on the centre console in the Oz spec 240k gl/gt's is obviously for the 'leccy windows, but howbout the round blanked out switch socket next to the hazard switch on the Oz 240k? Anyone knows what would go there in a JDM model?

Indeed Jim is correct, the JDM c110 GTX model skylines came with electric windows from the factory. If you are familiar with Yahoo Auctions Japan, you may be able to source a set up from a seller there. Otherwise the only real option would be to order the cranks etc from nissan jp, unless the c210 items would do the trick? I would think it to be unlikely, however, as the c210 has differently shaped doors and glass.

As a side note, Jim, i dont belive the c110 was available to the public in either Japan or export markets before 1973. Prove me wrong :D!

And one other thing. The blanked out panel on the centre console in the Oz spec 240k gl/gt's is obviously for the 'leccy windows, but howbout the round blanked out switch socket next to the hazard switch on the Oz 240k? Anyone knows what would go there in a JDM model?

Ya know, the Japanese don't like to make too much "special" parts. That's why there's blank-outs in certain common parts. GTXs came with power windows, the rest did not. I bet if you pulled a GTX door panel off and looked in back, you'd find a cut-out where the manual window crank would be that's not punched out. My 2000GT has the same blank-out panel on the console where the GTX's power window switches would go. They weren't even an option for my car.

The only difference in the door between a power window car and a crank window car would be the electric motor and regulator. Motors between C110s and C210s may interchange, but the regulator would certainly be different.

My car has a switch next to the hazzard switch that operates the parking lights. Could that be it? Jim, don't you have the same switch in your KGC10?

Hiya Tom, Miles, Everyone!

As a side note, Jim, i dont belive the c110 was available to the public in either Japan or export markets before 1973. Prove me wrong !

Goodonya Tom, I love a challenge:p

Hey Miles,

My car has a switch next to the hazzard switch that operates the parking lights. Could that be it? Jim, don't you have the same switch in your KGC10?

I had a look, beside (left) my hazard switch is the fan motor switch. Up beside (right) the radio is a capped blank. There is a separate parking lamp switch mounted below and to the left of the steering column, when operated it lights the drivers side parking lights only...like some Euro stuff?

Here's what I base the SEPT/ 1972 release date on Tom. Taken from the 1983 issue of

The Skyline

Symbol of 25 years of Quality(since 1957)

Any reference to the year of a particular model or event appears to be a number that, if you add 25 to it, you get the Gregorian calendar year. For example, the pics I've posted mention 47 48 with reference to the C110. This translates to 72 and 73. I don't know why this is, it would seem to refer to 1925 as a starting point or event in Japan. Perhaps Industrial Japan was first on it's feet by then?? If anyone can answer this I'd be happy to hear about it.

Anyway, back to the evidence! The first pic is the first adv. for a kgc110 I could find. Note the 47 9 reference in two places of the script at the bottom of the Ken&Mary adv. I interpret that as 1972 Sept.

post-6441-1415079636807_thumb.jpg

This is from the same book, a chronological listing of all Skylines to 1983.

Note the "first selling time" of S47.9 (no idea about the "S" in this context)

Second pic; if you look around the pic of the white C110 you will note the same "47" with the year 1972 in brackets. I cannot read Japanese but that seems to me to be suggesting this was the year of release?

If anyone can interpret this for us , it would be greatly appreciated!?

Anyway Tom, there's my case. It's been fun. Like I said , I like a challenge, now it's back to you for the case for 1973:p

Cheers,

Jim

post-6441-14150796368799_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150796369496_thumb.jpg

This is from the same book, a chronological listing of all Skylines to 1983.

Note the "first selling time" of S47.9 (no idea about the "S" in this context)

Second pic; if you look around the pic of the white C110 you will note the same "47" with the year 1972 in brackets. I cannot read Japanese but that seems to me to be suggesting this was the year of release?

If anyone can interpret this for us , it would be greatly appreciated!?

Anyway Tom, there's my case. It's been fun. Like I said , I like a challenge, now it's back to you for the case for 1973:p

Cheers,

Jim

The "S" stands for "Showa" the period of the Japanese Emperor at the time. So, S47 means the 47th year of the Showa Emperor's reign. It corresponds to 1972, as mine is a "Showa 46" or 1971. But you must understand calendar years and model years don't always match. In the US, traditionally, "new" model years come out in September; thus, the '06s have been out for sale already for three months. I don't know about the Japanese - in 2002, Toyota came out with a new model of the same car every month. Totally feasible that the Kenmeri was available in late 72.

But we're getting way off the original topic of electric windows on Kenmeri Skylines . . . .

Yair...I was thinkin' the same thing Miles, so...just for 240KMan...here's the scan from the parts cattledog of the window regulator for the 240K GT and GL.

NO mention anywhere in this parts manual for power windows. I had a dig through electrical and options as well.

I've included a scan of the cover of the manual for reference

'nother post coming:)

post-6441-14150796370494_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150796370857_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150796371451_thumb.jpg