IGNORED

Who wants a set of Euro tail lights for under $200?

lww

Stephen,

I appologize if what I have posted on either of the threads I posted to in this situation has led you to believe that the lenses already exist, that was not my intention. As noted on the CLearZ web site:

"will can send his lenses" Clear Z website ( http://klearz.com/zcar.html#8 )

By the way, the photo of the taillight posted on the referenced page is one of my pictures.

I do not want to get into a problem with Mr. Thacker, I just want more information about his lenses.

WIll

Troy, this site isn't what is once was. I cringe when I think of some of the replies your post may get. You were badmouthed in this thread and even when questioned the person didn't say why. I really don't know if coming here to defend your postition will get the response you would hope for. Lots of kids here, lots of people who feel their opinion is of more importance that others, etc.

Actually, I've had more problems with the older members here. Please remember this is my site and I've put a lot of hard work into this place to make it a site for people to exchange information. I didn't create this place so people could come in and put it down.

Please continue to exchange your ideas about these lenses because I'm curious to find out exactly what's happening with them.

Why doesn't someone do a review on these? Perhaps Troy will send me a pair and I'll get another pair from the competitor. We have a very nice review section and it already has a few products posted by members. Perhaps we should set up something like this to clear up the misconceptions? Anyway, these are just some ideas.

Thanks.

Troy, this site isn't what is once was. I cringe when I think of some of the replies your post may get. You were badmouthed in this thread and even when questioned the person didn't say why. I really don't know if coming here to defend your postition will get the response you would hope for. Lots of kids here, lots of people who feel their opinion is of more importance that others, etc. I personally wouldn't get into one of those 'get enough people together and well make something for you' type deals and I don't see any need for you to defend yourself against such a thing. I'll be the first one to admit I'm wrong if these guys get their $200 euro taillights and the quality is even close to the ones you sell. I've seen yours. I've only seen pictures of the "Klearz" and they're not even their own pictures?

I'd wager that IF he did say why he bad-mouthed "someone" (anyone) that another someone (not necessarily sblake01 as I'm not singling out anyone) would have criticized him for doing THAT. I've seen it here before. People try to warn others about something, and they get put down. I've seen people post here that "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything". Then you have the people who criticize someone for posting their opinion, but will post a long winded rebuttal espousing their opinion which seems to be acceptable in their eyes. :rolleyes:

Guess they'd rather find out the hard way when there is a rip-off going on, or maybe they are interested only in positive experiences and want to find those negitive experience on their own.

*** I'm not talking about TIR specificlally, just commenting in general.

Mike,

Thanks for asking for what I am asking for.

I have nothing against TIR or any vendor, I just want to be sure when I trade my money for a Z product it is the best value that is present in the market place.

As to degrading anyone, as I posted in another thread, the facts of a situation are pertinant, but the emotions of a situation are not. An opinion expressed without facts should be left un posted. Along that line, here are no opinions, but:

Here are the facts we have so far.

1) Involvement in this situation shows that Stephen is evidently one of only three members who have seen the lenses. Stepen, Mr. Thacker, and the member my info came from-no one else has posted about Mr. Thackers lenses.

2) Mr. Thacker has not responded to either of my questions or any of my statements-could be he is getting his ducks in a row to do so...

3)The price of TIRs lenses dropped as soon as he found out there might be someone else offering them-he lowered the price instead of defending the quality(his choice not mine)! Getting a break on the materials for casting lenses does not change his fixed costs. At $90K(his number not mine) for the molds he has to sell 339 sets at his current price just to break even on just the mold costs-not counting material, labor, listing, and shipping costs.

Once again, I just want to know who will have the the best set of lenses...

Will

Mike,

At $90K(his number not mine) for the molds he has to sell 339 sets at his current price just to break even on just the mold costs-not counting material, labor, listing, and shipping costs.

Once again, I just want to know who will have the the best set of lenses...

Will

Will, I too was wondering how Too Intense Restorations ever planned on recouping his outlay of $90K. It seems quite a leap of faith to me. That said, I bought several items from TIR when I first started getting the pieces together for my project. I've found the customer service, delivery and products to be of good quality and have had no complaints. If he's invested as much as he says he has in his molds for the tailights then it is good to know someone out there is trying to serve the early Z community at great expense to his company. When I'm ready I'll order the best parts available, but price is also important to me. It seems that right now TIR is the only company offering a product. If Mr. Thacker dropped his price then that just might mean competition is a good thing. Gary

This all reads like old times guys!

I'm all for people producing replacement lens. For all the right hand drive owners of 240z's, we welcome the advent of new amber lens. We need them more than you guys do.

So please TIR, please Klearz, send Mike a set of your lens' and he'll sort a review so we know where to spend our money.

I too have spent money with TIR. I found the product, service and packaging to be first class. I trust that his lens' will be also.

Competition is a good thing isn't it. We pay enough for our beloved car parts as it is.

Still no word from Mr. Thacker!

Well, the site has been down...

If there is inventory on a shelf there are only two reasons not to LOAN a set of the lenses to MIke or another well versed 240Z owner and impartial member the lenses for review.

One of the reasons is the cost of shipping-ok, I can offer to take that out of the equation.

Assuming TIR believes that they have the highest quality lenses that can be formed from spending up to 90K on the molds, the only other reason for not having an impartial review of the lenses I can see, is the fear of the results of the review-whether through questionable partiality of the reviewer, or the reality of the quality .

To address the first possibility, (while I know Mike is fully capable of the impartial evaluation, if MR. Thacker was comfortable with him, Mike would have gotten a set of lenses by now, which means Mr. Thacker must not be comfortable with him) I am suggesting someone else who has demonstrated he could do the job. I know of one member here who I believe has been a customer of TIR, but who has also demonstrated he knows good reproduction Z pieces from bad(not that Mike doesn't), and how to define challenges and triumphs in both words and pictures(again, not that Mike doesn't). I believe he would be completely impartial(once again, not that Mike wouldn't), and identify the quality of the reproduction of the lenses as they sit with no other influences affecting his judgement. The gentleman I am thinking of has also vehemantly defended TIR on at least one occasion. This combination of skills and historical fact and his makes him uniquely qualified to satisfy any question TIR may have on his impartiality. I will ask him privately-and not in this thread is he would be willing to participate in the evaluation.

Will