IGNORED

New Poll of the month!

hls30.com

What color should a Classic Z Car be?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. What color should a Classic Z Car be?

Whatever color was applied by the factory sounds good, until you reflect on some of the Japanese ideas of color.

The olive green, instead of Forrest or British Racing Green

Butterscotch/tan, better known as Baby _hit brown,

That chartreuse (key lime) green/yellow, which looks like something Chrysler would have sprayed on a charger.

The Silver, white, Orange were all great, but some of the others .....

And remember, back in the day, you took the color the dealer had on the lot if you wanted the car! Generally the dealer had no real choice, he could request, but like you the purchaser, he took what was delivered.

Next question Will!

My 280z's original color was chrome silver(which I don't know the paint code to if anyone could tell me that would help alot)then sapphire blue color a deep blue. Then the color now the ugliest color of all WHITE!!!!!!!! But when I restore I'm going to paint it the original silver with black racing stripes! But the classic z color would have to be silver,orange,blue,and olive green.

Wow, there are way too many color choices out there that I like. I would think that the classic Z color would be orange. I really prefer the 920 gold/ baby poo brown, but I pretty much like all colors the Z came in. I am an old fogey because I voted "whatever color the factory painted it."

-Ben

My 280z's original color was chrome silver(which I don't know the paint code to if anyone could tell me that would help alot)..........

That would either be 306 Sterling Silver Metallic or 901 Light Grey Poly. Is your paint tag gone or has it been painted over. Check on the right side on top of the radiator support.