IGNORED

Your First car.

Fun_in_my_z

My first was a 62 Willys CJ5. Still runs and is now in the space the Z was in the old barn. Dad was pretty smart, couldn't hurt that thing if I tried. If I can learn my wifes camera, I'm going to send some pictures. I hate that camera

First car was a Mini Couper S ex rally car. Evil beast that was a devil to drive. Weber 45 on it with the K&N filter poking through into the cabin. SCCR box, front disks, bucket seats, harness, header, stainless exhaust, major head modifications. The car was very very quick and handled like it was on rails.

Parked it downhill once and filled up the engine with fuel (gravity forced open the fuel valve in the 45...doh), drained the engine oil/petrol and noticed huge amounts of metal fillings on the sump plug magnet....double doh. Stripped engine and rebuilt. Found severe pitting on 2nd gear cog of lay shaft. Quoted 1000 pounds for new one. Triple Doh! Put everything back together and sold it. Swore never to by a British car again and have kept to it. Fancy building an engine that shares engine and gear box oil...what were they thinking!

Next car was the legendary Datsun 1200 coupe......now that's a sensible first car!

The first car that i drove was a suzuki sj 410 when iwas twelve, later in 1992 my Dad gifted me his 73 Datsun 260c (Cedric 230) coupe, soft top,that car was my first love and loved it, and it was in perfect condition the interior and the body, but a year after my dad had an accident with that car and i lost it.......then i had too many cars, but my dad bought them, a Toyota land cruiser , a1980 toyota Celica, daewoo Racer (Pontiac Lemans).... two ASIA rocstas........ but my very first car is my 280ZX 2+2, i paid for it 5000 US$ ... very expensive, but that is a really rare car here in COLOMBIA and is in good condition....

Thanks Steve and Lachlan.

Yair Bill, they sure are ugly suckers but, like a lot of cars of that period they tended to be reliable and hard to kill.

Rick.

My first was a 1958 Rambler American as I stated earlier. As far as ugly goes, I'm not sure a Vanguard has anything for these!

post-3797-14150795753642_thumb.jpg

My first car was a 1956 Chevy 2 door. White over green, 6 cylinder, automatic. The car was 18 years old (I was 20). Paid $500, drove it 35K miles and sold it for $550. Only car I made money on.

Oh, had one snow tire and no two tires matched. Fun keeping it on the road during a Jackson Hole winter!