IGNORED

Your First car.

Fun_in_my_z

The first car I drove regularily was a 1964 Chevy Belair, four door. My parents bought it from my aunt and uncle for $800. They were older, and close family, so it was in really good shape. Not much to look at, but it had a 283 V-8, so it was fun to drive. My brother and I drove it for about 4+ years till I got T-boned 1/2 block from our house. My bro was pretty said, cause he really loved that car.

Next we got a '70 Mustang, that I drove the wheels off all through college. It was amazing how much crap I could stuff into that thing to get to school!

Well, that's my early car experience. I have said something like 17 cars since then. I have owned at least 3 cars at a time since 1980. Right now I have 2 Series I 240's.

Marty

1958 Rambler American. The ugliest thing you've ever seen! Paid $50 for it and bought it from my grandmother's friend. It ran fine for about two years until my brilliant uncle borrowed it and it overheated on him. He cooled it down by hosing off the engine with cold water. Needless to say, that poor little flathead 6 went in to full cardiac arrest! :cry:

EDIT: My 810 is my 45th car since that one!

Wow, I was just thinking a thread like this could be fun! Great minds think alike. Anyway, my first car was a 240Z and it was in 7/10 condition I'd say. I didn't spend all that much on it, because it was just how I liked it really. Put a CD player in it instead of the old Alpine tape deck, and a new exhaust system. That's about it.

I will get another one one day...

My uncle gave me an old beat up 62 chevy pick up. My dad burned it up and left it for dead along the highway. A little while later I was looking at a toyota truck. There was a 1978 280Z parked next to it. For shits and giggles my uncle and I took the Z for a test drive. I fell in love and bought it. That was in 1988 and I still have it.

My first car was a 1972 Oldsmobile Delta 88, 4 door. That dam thing was friggin HUGE! 455 V8 that drank gas like crazy, but made ridiculous torque! The damn thing would idle up hills. It was actually in decent shape for an $800 car. The paint was a sort goldish green very 70's hue. Vinyl top was in great shape, no rust expect for the rear bumper where the chrome was peeling off. The interior was pretty decent too. Cream white vinyl seats had a few rips in them but nothing serious, the carpet and dash were in excellent shape and were both a lovely shade of avacado green. :D I had it for a year intill the tranny blew from too many school parking lot burnouts. Donated to the Salvation army.

1958 Rambler American. The ugliest thing you've ever seen! Paid $50 for it and bought it from my grandmother's friend. It ran fine for about two years until my brilliant uncle borrowed it and it overheated on him. He cooled it down by hosing off the engine with cold water. Needless to say, that poor little flathead 6 went in to full cardiac arrest! :cry:

EDIT: My 810 is my 45th car since that one!

Do you have a pic of that 810? I'd kinda like to have one of those 2 doors.

87 Buick Century. Only 56k miles on it and the 3.8l V6. Everything aside from the paint was in pristine condition. I still have it and really love that car, just not enough to drive it over my Z. It is used for trips or when the Z is being worked on.

When I was 15 I had saved up a couple grand for a car. I found a '75 Olds Cutlass, red with fat white stripes & white interior. I wanted to buy it, but Dad steered me towards a '64 Chevy Impala SS. He said it was a "classic."

I started taking auto shop and began the transformation into a gear head. It wasn't long before I swapped out the 283 for a 327 with a Carter AFB and found a posi to put in the rear end. I drove it up until college. I never could really afford to do anything major with that car, I learned to find cheap parts at the salvage yards, and from other car nuts.

I bought a '66 Mustang right after high school, but never had the money to fix the rusty rear quarters & floor boards. It had an inline 6 with a little single barrel carb. Any time it rained, the distributor cap would suck up a little moisture and the car wouldn't start. I sold it a couple of years later.

I bought a '62 Buick Special with an aluminum 215 and Rochester 4-jet carb for $75 the summer before I started college. I rebuilt the front end and replaced all the brakes. The engine ran strong and was pretty fast. It was a fun little car. I sold it about 5 years ago when I moved from Lincoln, NE to Longmont, CO.

Right now I have a '95 Ford F150 pickup, a '91 Cadillac Allante convertible, a '75 Chevy Caprice Classic convertible, a '73 240Z and a '64 Chevy Impala. My wife drives a '91 Nissan Altima, my daughter has an '88 Toyota Celica, and my son has a '00 Jeep Cherokee. I've got my eye on a few other 240Z's in the area, but I don't have any room for another car. Dad ribs me about the "used car lot out in front of the house" everytime he and Mom visit!