Which oil filter do you use? - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Which oil filter do you use?

Featured Replies

Just curious as to which oil filters will work on the L series engine.

I use a Fram PH8.

Fram PH8A is a common filter size for older cars. AC Delco, WIX, Pennzoil, K/N, and many other companies make similar filters. I use Fram or WIX depending on my mood, and chage them with each oil change.

Here is a link to a website discussing Oil Filters. I have no connection to the study and post it only for informational purposes. Images take a while to load.

http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/oil_filter_study/

carl,

sounds like a 'decent' study. definitely interesting. i wonder how much of a difference it makes with 3k mile oil changes, but if i have the choice i'll probably look for mobil1 or purolator on sale.

bart

I like the K&N filters (don't know exact numbers off the top of my head) and I always use Mobil1 oil.

Dave

in my pickup i use a graphite every third or fourth oil change. is that a waste of money or good idea?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

purelator..................................

I use Puralator , PURE ONE . :rambo:And I use Quaker State oil and have been for the past 50 yrs. with out a problem . Gary

I use the K&N oil filter myself. I have been putting in Castrol Synthetic, but I switched to Red Line. I have not been able to drive the car more than to the end of my block to see if there is any comparison between the two.

Another vote for the K&N filter. I also just started using redline race oil 40wt. Yet to drive it too much to make any comments but it seems to work. ;)

Dave

Mobil 1....filter and oil. Good stuff!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.