IGNORED

Glass head light covers?

cremmenga

Chris, 120lbs/18beers=6.7lbs per beer, that is either a hell of a mug, or a hell of a stein!

I think the JDM covers finish the look of the front end, and a period appearing set of fog lamps are not out of place, but I agree with Carl that a good set of well adjusted headlights (especially modern headlights like Vicky mentioned)eliminates the need for them.

Will

The trouble with kids these days is that they don't know the difference between glass and plastic. The correct optional headlight covers are plexiglass. These are the real deal - like EScanlon's - and everything else is aftermarket. Furthermore, I contend that the original design of what became known as the 240Z iintended for the use of these covers over the scoops such that the fender line completes the arch around the hood.

Now before you start throwing rotten oranges at me for being such a smart-arse, remember that I can still lift 120 pounds after drinking 18 beers which makes me king of Mt. DAT.

Hail to the King. I'll join you in drinking a few of those beers.

I think you are absolutely right. Not only does the overall design of the fender, scoops, hood literally BEG for the headlight covers simply due to the start change from curved to cut out. But on a different note, there is a distinct LACK of chrome trim on the front of the car to correspond (symetrically) with the rear of the car as well as an overall balance.

The tail lights have the chrome trim with the black stripe. All the windows have the stainless trim surrounding them. The wipers are stainless. The 4 corner lights have chrome surrounds, even the door handles are chromed. Yet the FRONT of the car only has the bumper and the hood emblem. Once you're past the bumpers and the hood emblem, the back of the car still has a LOT of chrome that the front does not.

Once you've seen a Z with the Chrome Headlight covers, you'll appreciate the look of the scoops that much more.

If you'll collect the oranges, we'll brew them up and make a batch of Grand Marnier.

Enrique

Rick,

Zedheads have Zeds because they are a beautiful car in design; extra lights ruin that...that's why you don't see a lot of talk on here about it.

Most people, myself included, on this site like the way the Z looks in its original form. Most mods will get recommended to hybridz. Not extra lights, but in general this site is about real nice original looking zeds for the most part.

Most all cars designed in the late '60s did not have provisions for fog lamps and extra driving lamps. Bulb and reflector technology was different as well. Extra lights had to be hung on a car and they were usually big. It was a look you had to like in order to like the look. Now, lets not make a mistake and confuse the headlight covers with anything modified. The headlight covers I showed would be considered stock. They were not imported on HLS30s because of American laws at the time. But they are authentic.