IGNORED

restoration

Dans240z

So before I do any body work at all, I should find a good place to do the paint and see what they say?

By the way, how much power should an L28 with triple webers and a fairly agressive cam make. This is what was on my car, but it does not run and I am just interested to see about how much power it could make.

When you say restore do you really mean a nice car that you are going to be driving on a daily or nearly so? If this is the case , this is a whole different thing. I posted eairlier and failed to mention that I have had my car on a set of dollies all the while I have been working on it . I found that they were a great investment . I am cramped for space in our 2 car garage and we park our daily driver as will as the Z in there . With the dollies I can pull the car sidewaise or turn it end for end in the garage and then shove it back to the side and pull the Camery in. Harbor freight have them on sale right now cheap also an engine stand for only $39.99 that will hold a 1000lb engine . Same price for a great floor jack , full size with larger wheels . They have jack stands on sale all the time these you will also need . If you dont do the rotissery thing. If you are thinking of triples and a L-28 in a 240 , forget the restoration , and build a driver. :rambo:

So before I do any body work at all, I should find a good place to do the paint and see what they say?.

YES, advice is free.

By the way, how much power should an L28 with triple webers and a fairly agressive cam make. This is what was on my car, but it does not run and I am just interested to see about how much power it could make.

150-200 more or less.

Don't just pick some schmoe out of the phone book to paint your car. If you don't already have a paint and body guy, the best way is to attend a few good cars shows and/or cruise in's around your area. Check out some of the cars and ask the owners where, who and if they had a good experience with their paint guy.

FWIW

Vicky