IGNORED

Video: OS Giken TC16-MA2 and a LY-240Z racing

Hallowed

Alan

I do know the Japanese VHS videos are NTSC - I've got a closet full of BM Video Specials which I really ought to burn to DVD one of these days on our Mac G5 just because of how much room they take up!!!

The Racing Skyline (KPGC10, DR30 Iron Mask, BNR32 Godzilla) one which I've harped about on here again and again is my favorite of all...

In fact I was going to get the Z special on VHS until my local Kinokuniya told me those had sold out in Japan and only DVD copies remained. My DVD player being a 5yr old Sony model - it won't play anything but Zone 1 DVDs... that's the bind I find myself in... so no BM Video Special #56 for me unfortunately...

As for watching it on our computer I'm afraid that might not be a long term solution either... I'll tell you why: my sister has an iBook and lives in Europe and she noticed that when inserting a US Zone 1 DVD it will ask her if she's sure she wants to change Zones in order to view it... At the same time she can only switch back and forth between Zones a limited number of times (I think 5) before the computer will lock onto a specific one. It all has to do with the computer companies trying to protect international copyright laws.

I guess I'll have to wait for Best Motoring International (the same people that translate "Iron Chef" for the USA to come out with their version and just watch it with the sound turned off ... what a shame... :cry:

-e

Eric it's definately possible to get multi region DVD players although some people tried to block them from being produced it's definately possible. It's to do with the firm ware in the Unit anyway. My Xbox has been modded and allows me to watch any dvd from any region.

My PC does the same thing asking about changing regions however I'm sure there are hacks around this.

I would imagine a DVD player in the US is fairly cheap? they are in Australia anyway :)

Although I've easily found multi-zone equipment in other parts of the world it's always proved somewhat difficult here in the States. And when you do find them it's some dodgy brand you've never heard of and don't know the first thing about.

Oh well...

Next time I'm in Australia I'll just swing by your place and ask to view the video... hahaha

-e