IGNORED

Old Nissan Cedric

Mr Camouflage

The Roy and HG had a show, and the 2 singers were called the Nissan Cedrics. They even put a CD out through teh ABC.

Sandman (the guy that was on triple J that sounds like the guy that does the Superannuation adverts) wrote a song about the Datsun Homer Van. I remember finding it on a datsun site somewhere. Here it is

http://www.datsunworld.com/av/Homervan.MP3

its pretty bad.

for more datsun songs go there: http://www.datsunworld.com/datmusic.htm

Saw the Cedric again today got a pic of the dash, but the glare off the window makes it hard to see.

post-1278-14150794814311_thumb.jpg

What's wrong with Cedric anyway? Great name. Almost as good as Boris. My dad wanted to call me Boris ( he was a big Boris Karloff fan ) but mum wouldn't have it. Nissan Boris. Great. Names are better than numbers. How about a Nissan Winston or Nissan Archduke Franz Ferdinand? This could go anywhere. The possibilities are endless!

Actually, I reckon the final word in car model names has to go to Honda for the Honda 'Life'. Top that.

Advertising slogan: "Get a Life...".

I think I can go one better than you Alan...

Have you see the other Honda mini-cars with strange names?

Let's see alongside the Life there's a THAT'S & a LET'S

The HOMER nameplate has been resurrected BTW - I saw it in France when I was there this summer for my wedding. It was either a Renault of Mercedes white panel (delivery) van... let me see if I can find it real quick...

Haven't you noticed that basically only the US market is in to letters and numbers for car names? for example RX330, IS300, G35, 240SX, M45 whereas in the rest of the world they have NAMES: Harrier, Altezza, Skyline, Sylvia, Laurel now changed to Fuga. I don't know about you but I prefer a name over a series of numbers and letters... details details...

Now about that HOMER van:

Let's see on the german mercedes website so far i find Vito, Vanio, Sprinter (they just brough it over saw one the other day labelled as a Dodge Sprinter), Actros, Axor, Atego... hmm must have been some other brand... whatever..

Sorry Craig, I would have posted if I knew.. I turned it on before going to bed and low and behold a big blue Cedric was staring straight at me! What are the chances...

Wasn't too bad a movie either (considering it came from the 80's and was Australian).

Come on now Lachlan,

That movie should have been in the S.F. category. :alien::alien:

How long do you reckon it would take for two blokes to pull and install not one but TWO Jag motors ?????????????????????????????? :cheeky: :cheeky:

Rick.

:devious: :devious: