IGNORED

How Old?

AChev

How old are you? (or should I say young)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you? (or should I say young)

• 16 - 20
    • 20 - 30
    • 30 - 40
    • 40 - 50
    • 50 +

Sure can’t complain about being 47. After 29 years of on the job training, there is just enough extra cash to take care of the Z. I hope in a few years a larger garage or shed to devote to a complete repaint (rust removal) for my baby. As to this thread becoming a paint color discussion- Original color is orange. I am reminded every time I open the gas door (PO put on a cheapo paint job) but I lean towards the red its not F-word but my VIN is not low enough that I feel obligated to keep it 100 percent original.

Well, I'm coming up on 55 (July 1). I'm in pretty good shape, considering. I only weigh 8 lbs. more than I did as a senior in high school, playing conerback on the football team, 2 guard on the basketball team, and 3rd base on the baseball team. I can still run and jump, only now I need reason to! I am retired after 34 1/2 yrs in the grocery industry and work a little part time job at ACE hardware as the receiving clerk. It keeps me busy. We just purchased a new house in North San Bernardino and will be moving there next month. Bigger house, bigger garage. Our finances are in better shape that at any other point in my life. I don't really care what color a Z is but mine happens to be blue (code 510). As far as I'm concerned, they all look good.

Personally, the color of MY car is what is most important to me. Even when I owned HLS30-23313 which was a #920 colored car..........until I changed it (the right way) after driving it for 3 years as delivered from the factory.

I don't care if Michael Jackson is perceived as a FREAK, why should I care what color YOUR car is? THAT, my friend is YOUR job! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to have to say my car was made 13 yrs before i was born. And personaly i like my primer grey paint with the white front fender and the black racing stripes we put on her last weekend after finding a box of old spray paint!!! This weekend I'm thinking the old school racing numbers on the sides!

46 years old here. I bought my first Z, a '72, in '78. It was bright yellow with the rocker panels, rear finisher, and front grill painted satin black. The rocker panels made it look lower and longer. Motor came out of a "Team Datsun" car, according to the seller. The dyno and its performance confirmed that claim. It was my daily driver/commute car. When I commuted to the Anza/Borrego desert 1 1/2 hrs one way, it averaged 27 mpg at 85 mph!

I grew up a few miles from where Sblake01 is moving to now.

My present Z's: two metallic blue, one British Racing Green, and one satin black over grey primer for now. I always wanted a car that blended in with the asphalt from the air to confuse the CHP spotter planes. I have to add that BRG is such a neutral color that cops seldom give me a second glance, even when I pass them.

• 3 weeks later...

ZedMark,

Strange, I will be 46 in about 5 weeks and I bought my first Z in 1978 as well and it was also a '72! I bought right before going back for my sophomore year in college. Sometime during my freshman year in college, I decided that I wanted a 240Z. I worked all summer and saved practically everything I made, and used up what was left in my savings account and bought the Z. When I went back to school, everyone loved the car! It had a beautiful black paint job (originally blue) with a 4-speed, nice wheels, a bra and rear louvers. This time period was just before Datsun introduced the 280ZX. After about 3 years I sold the car for $4,200.00 ($200.00 more than I originally paid for it). After I sold the Z, I got a '76 Corvette (silver with red leather interior and a 4-speed). My son (who is now 18 and will be going to college next fall) and I now have two 240Z's that we are restoring and love them!