IGNORED

Useless information. Of interest to some.

1 Bravo 6

1 bravo 6, at least you know at the shows you got the best zed there hehe.

I'm building mine up for shows, and yeah i agree, people just don't know them. But there again, sometimes you're surprised by how many people do know them. I hope they stay cheap really. I don't plan on selling mine, but i do plan on buying the rest of them :D

Typical American vices:

1- Vanity

2- Greed

3- Fear

Those are the BIG THREE, but I don't think you'll find that these are limited to "Americans". There is plenty of all of these things throughout the world.

You're probably right Carl, but I thougtht I'd stick to what I know "for sure."

Is 'fear' a vice?

If I recall them in the correct order they are gluttony, sloth, envy, wrath, pride, lust, and greed. That's from the movie 'Seven' and actually they are sins rather than vices but there's alot of all of them throughout the world.

(Sorry about that but remember the name of the thread :classic: )

By vice I mean "a moral weakness." Vices get you to do things you don't really need to do, like a $50,000 car when an $18,000 one will do. When people let vanity, greed and fear control their actions, it's bad, IMO, because you take from one place to the other to satisfy the vice.

FWIW

You're probably right Carl, but I thougtht I'd stick to what I know "for sure."

I can understand that.

But in a brief scan of international news websites I found stories from around the globe that seem (IMO) to confirm that these vices are international. Wherever people are found................

(Viktor Yushchecnko being poisoned with Dioxin is just one example, problems in Rwonda and Demcratic Republic of Congo is another)

Notice I left out the USA and Middle East? It's not because there aren't problems in both of these places.

By vice I mean "a moral weakness." Vices get you to do things you don't really need to do, like a $50,000 car when an $18,000 one will do.

Its a moral weakness if you want to drive a certain car and can afford it? If you buy a 50k car and can't afford it thats a diffrent story. But a person chooses to drive an expensive automobile its their choice not a sign of moral weakness. Hell if you think an 18k car is cheap why not buy a 3k honda and drive it ? I think that would make you feel maybe morally better? My next door neighbor got a 2 year old Champion Optioned 911 which I gather probably cost him a tad bit more than 50 k probably 55-65 . But he is the same guy who wears torn up shirts and drives a half restored mustang somedays and others drives a chevy pickup . He like most people I know who own more expensive cars enjoy the car and driving it , and yes likes the attention to a degree but if the attention was the biggest priority it would be driven more than once every two weeks or so .

I think if anything envy would be what we all would be guilty of, because weither my 2 240z's are pristine or not or worth 500 bucks or 25k it wouldn't make a diffrence to the person at the light next to us or driving down the road trying to get a better view or get a chance to talk to us about it. I am glad to see the price of the Z's reach a respectable level but at the same time it removes new/old z owners from being able to buy /restore or maintain them. Sorry about the rant

• 2 weeks later...
Some people feel the need to be able to say "Look at me, My car is worth $$$XXXX"; others are satisfied maintaining/improving, driving and enjoying it.

ROFL

Which one are you Carl?

Umm, you have way too much time on your hands Rick and I just have to say that I can't wait to be in your position. Maybe not with the age thing and all but you get what I mean. :cheeky: