IGNORED

2005 Nissan Datsun Nationals Goulburn NSW

g260

• 3 weeks later...

Well its getting closer to the Nationals with only three weeks to go.

I drove down to Wakefield last Thursday for a run to see what times I could do and all I can say is I hope Brett240 was joking about 1:11.00 the best I could manage was 1:16.45.

The Zed was under steering a little and the pads need more bite, so im working on that now, and hopping to improve a little.

I see the lap records are:

Driver: Peter Lang

SB 1973 Datsun 240Z 20/08/2000 1:11.5700

Driver: Chris Gray

SC 1971 Datsun 240Z 20/08/2000 1:13.8800

Do the Historic guys run slicks for those times ????

So what times has any one else managed, or is it a secret till the Sunday :classic:

Steven

Hi Steven,

hahaha, no my car was good for 1:13's on toyo R comound tyres (semi slick)

I will be back in australia there for the weekend but i wont be driving, thats up to my father to get those times again!!

there will be a couple of cars in the 1:12's and 1:11's on slicks and semi's and maybe a blue 260Z race car doing 1:06's.

If anyone is going to Goulbun for the Nats from Qld, is there a group going and if so, where are you leaving from?

I am thinking of going but not sure if it will be in the Honda or the Zed - depends on the Handbrake (read missus) if she wants to come along.

Biker

26DET

Of the guys leaving Thursday, is there a central spot you are leaving from and lastly are you going the New England, Pacific or down through Moree?

Going down in one day is not bad if you get away early enough - its only 1200klms :cheeky:

Sorry to be a PITA

Still making my mind up whether to go as i need to rebuild rear wheel bearings and i will need some new tyres - i am not stacking in my race tyres as I have to take the passenger saeat out to do that!! :cry:

now jus have to wangle the dosh from the missus :love:

Thanks

biker

just a thought.....

if your doing up an info page for your car windscreen it might be an idea to put your classiczcars login name on there so when we are all wondering around we can identify what cars belong to members???

Biker, the two day group will be going via the New England highway. Meeting details are not finalised yet, its really a club run, we've had some unpleasant experiences with idiot driving tag alongs before, I'm sure you understand. Although you seem to be sort of sensible so I may be able to PM you with details later if you like :)

Thanks Richard

I do understand the complications of going along on runs with people you do not know - last bike trip I did I thought I was in the GP500 going through Woodford!!!

I will probably not get away until either Thursday or Friday morning depending on work issues. I usally take the New England to beat the caravanners and grey nomads (yeah I know i am nearly one too) on the coast road.

May see you out there - look for the rough froggy green zed. :)

Biker

Jim,

Glad to hear that your beast of a car will be at Goulburn. I was speaking to Ronnie (previous owner) a few weeks ago, he will be coming up as well so macke sure the car is imaculate.

It should look OK, but it won't be a trailer queen....I'm drivin' rain or shine!

Hope to see you there Hayden.

Jim.