IGNORED

Color Choice

Zpeed

Hey guys, within the next month or so, my new Z is going to go into the paint shop, its a 74 2 seater.

The original color is green, currently its completly striped and in primer awaiting paint,

Im undecided what color i want to go, the prevous owner painted the engine bay red, and i always wanted a Red Z, but should i stay the classic orignal paint scheme or go for the brighter Red, Ie its BMW Brillant Red is what i'll be going for if red, and the classic Jaguar green if i'm going green...

what others opions on color choice, its not going to be a classic historic example etc etc but not sure if i should move away from the original color

I've seen some gunmetal grey ones, they look sensational. Same with some of those midnight blue colours. The pictures of Moyest's car doesn't give a good indication of the real shade - it's more of a burgundy and has very little orange in it.

I know house of kolor have a great red...

There was a thread about 6 months ago about paint schemes and someone posted a whole stack of colours. Have a look through the archive (and the gallery) I'm sure people will be happy to tell you their paint colour if you like it!

Although, BRG is pretty hard to beat!

MOM

Actually BRG is very easy to beat - its a colour that really only suits wire-wheels, pushrods and what-ho handlebar moustaches! (not z-cars)

What's wrong with the original green? Why be like everyone else with another red car? If not green, then I suggest silver or metallic blue.

The twins send their greetings from green land and say that the stupid guy who owns them thinks a red Z is stunning. Of course, yellow has always been popular. Isn't it great how a car that just blew the British sports car market in the weeds was painted BRG? ROFLLOLROFL

post-4148-14150794463416_thumb.jpg

post-4148-1415079446365_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150794463875_thumb.jpg

If you're planning on doing a two stage paint, why not go with one of the 350Z colors. My personal favorite is that burnt orange gold (sorry, ? le mans sunset orange?).

Aside from the color choice, the blending of the "new" and the "old" makes quite an impact.

2¢

Enrique

One way to look at the question is to think what shows the Zeds lines off best? Not just the profile but the swoops and curves. A mid shade metallic seems to do that best, white the worst.

Mine is a mid shade metallic green but you could do blue, grey, red, most colours. The sun on mine really shows the lines off yet it looks understated. On the avatar you can just see the upper door line running through the center of the #9, the top of the bonnet is black. If you'd like to be more noticeable go red, electric blue, orange...........

Primer in the rain is only an issue if its a long term soaking that doesnt get dried out fairly quickly. But to be spraying over that which appears to be single pack primer with a two pack topcoat its probably best if it all comes off. Primer is ok with short term water exposuire and it gets dried out well, I mean you wetrub the undercoat before you apply the topcoat :).