IGNORED

headlight relay upgrade harness's for sale

Zs-ondabrain

Dave,

The '78 2+2 I bought was vandalizad by chopping up the harness, if the plugs from it will help, I will send them to you.

PS, just about setup for photographing/taping/testing the harness install-just gotta find some better lights-I vwant to film at night to show the fifferences in the headlight brightness-hopefully.

Will

Good research Andrew,

The headlights, tail lights, sidemarkers and front parking lights ALL run thru that 3rd fuse down on the right, thats why it is so prone to melting. Using my new harness reduces the amperage thru that fuse by at least 18 amps.

Which also puts less strain on the fuses, fusebox, and the switches and headlight associated wires. I've been told that the harness should actually stop ALL melting and over heating in the fusebox due to the reduction of amperage that would normally flow thru it.

Send me your tired, your poor, your un-used 280 plugs. If I can't find a supplier, This ain't gonna happen. But I'll figure it out.

Dave.

Good research Andrew,

The headlights, tail lights, sidemarkers and front parking lights ALL run thru that 3rd fuse down on the right, thats why it is so prone to melting. Using my new harness reduces the amperage thru that fuse by at least 18 amps.

Which also puts less strain on the fuses, fusebox, and the switches and headlight associated wires...........................

Dave.

Hey Dave:

Are you saying that the headlights are powered through all of the top 3 fuses on the right side of the fusebox?

BOTH Headlamps through 3rd from Top on Right

and

Left Headlamp through Top Right

Right Headlamp through 2nd from Top on Right

I tried to follow the schematic I have, but I get lost in the fusebox area. it's clear as mud to me.

The tail lights, marker lights, and the front parking are all on a seperate 20A fuse. The interior lighting are on their own seperate 10A fuse.

And the headlights are on two seperate 10A fuses.

So no they are not together in any way. I have no clue why the tail lights would melt the fusebox.

This is for USA and Canada 240's only.

Sorry Carl,

Steve is right. My brain has the consistancy of pudding this week. But I do have a suggestion for all of you who are experiencing hot 3rd fuse down on the right.

I converted my sidemarkers to L.E.D. and my tail lights and front parking and turn signal lights are now 1156 and 1157 L.E.D. bulbs. they can be spendy but I weigh the price of the fuse box and switch against the L.E.D. bulbs, and the L.E.D.s win the fight.

I paid $100 for all my L.E.D. style bulbs and it WILL be worth the price I paid someday, My 3 fuses never get hot any more, My dash lights appear to be brighter and so does my dome and map light. Putting in the harness also increased the brightness of the other lights by drawing less power from the fusebox.

Dave.

Yes, can you please give us more information about your LED conversion? I was thinking of doing this on my dash lights but had not thought about the tail lights or marker/signal lights. I would like some words of wisdom from someone who has been there. I'd be interested in where you got the parts, what was involved, part numbers if you have them still, etc, etc, etc.

I do think that a new thread should be started for this though Zs-ondabrain so as not to take this one off topic.

Hey Guys and Gals,

I checked on a couple things this week end. I the 260Z only used one style of headlight connector, the black rubberish bullet style.

The 280Z's (75' to 78') used only one other style of connector, the elongated-white three pin connector.

If anyone knows of a distributor for either of those two style plugs, let me know. If you have ever seen these style plugs on ANY other make or model of car/truck/van/or S.U.V. Please contact me with the info so that I can go to the local (pull a part) junk yard, and rsearch the info.

Thanks in advance for all of your help,

Dave in WA. state

Righto. Finally got around to checking out my plugs. Left hand side has a round plug* (this is 240Z style right?), and the right has no plug at all.....yet another thing on this car that has been molested by the PO.

I'm quite interested still, but I'll have to hold off for a month or two as there's a major lack of fundage around here atm!

*My 260Z is one of the very early ones that is a mish mash of 240 and 260 parts....so seems 240Z HL plugs are another item to add to the list! Arrrhhh! :)

post-3769-14150794408857_thumb.jpg