IGNORED

This Z was stored in a chicken coop since 1987

I really don't know what to say about hybridz. I think any engine swap with one of these cars is just wrong, unless it is another Nissan straight 6. Take a car like this one that was found which is a great car and has great history, drop a v8 in it, there goes that history. Don't get me wrong, people should do whatever they desire with these cars. I may not agree with it, but it is not my car. LS1240z, you knew this would offend people on this site, why did you do it? It offends me, but hay, it's your car man.

There are the purists, the hybridzers, and people in between on this forum, but we don't post things to make any group upset. I don't like v8z's, but I usually don't say anything because one, I don't want to offend the owners, and two, it is only my opinion. However when you go posting $h!t like this to make people "flame", it just bugs me.

Please save this car. Some members of the hybridz forum may not care, but there are fewer and fewer Zcars everyday, due to rust, wrecks, and sorry, V8's and other swaps. We are all Z enthusiasts, and there is nothing wrong with customization, but keep the ones that are not tainted that way and the already customized ones that way. Save the history people. Someone mentioned that 73' was not a classic. I beg to differ because the 70-72 may arguably be the most desirable, all the S30's are classics.

I can only dream my car was in this nice of original shape when purchased. My car was a rust bucket. Check my gallery. If this car was not as prestine as it is, I wouldn't be making a fuss publicly.

***Please LS1240z, make some money and sell this to a classiczcar.com member or someone that is going to restore her to her former glory, and buy a different car for your fantasy Z.***

Ben :cry:

P.S. As regards to what someone said on hybridz.com; I have never seen a v8z go for more than a nice original.

P.P.S. You won, I flamed, but I only did it because this car should be spared. There is no doubt that it is a great find, but let it go or keep it and restore her and get a rolling shell for the LS1.

P.P.S. You won, I flamed

Hey Ben, I think most people here would say you didnt "flame". The guy was "dared" to post here and you and the rest of us have responded. It makes me sick to think of what might happen to this car. How many times have I heard of the "old car in the barn" story and wish it had been me that found it. If it makes you feel any better, I have 2 and a half 240's in a barn and no one will buy them and put V8's in them. EVER. :finger:

My lesson learned here is to keep my eyes and ears open and buy everyone around my area I can. If only there were some 260's in barns in Nebraska/Kansas/Iowa/Missouri(and there might be) because I'd love to have one.

I guess I just have to remember that some folks have none and those of us that do just keep on smiling every time we see our cars. :love:

Chris

:disappoin

That's a shame; I would rather swap that V8 into a 280Z if anything. If that 240Z is as nice as it seems than keep it all Nissan. A nice L28 bottom end with any number of cylinder head choices and dual carbs or a nice set of finely tuned triples and it would still be 70% as fast as that V8 in terms of usable power that you can put down. The S30 body shell just won't take the abuse that a V8 can dish out unless the car is substantially reinforced. I like the idea of a V8 swap but, I haven't seen that many executed properly and it takes alot of money to do it right. A better idea for a V8 swap would be a second generation (FC) Mazda RX7 since you start with a better handling car and more modern fit and finish not to mention a more comfortable interior.

On the other hand if you do the V8 swap then there are probably a few happy 240Z owners smiling out there because their Z has just gone up in value (assuming theirs are close to original).

Decisions, decisions!

Another way to look at is this, if that were a 73 Trans Am/Camaro/Cuda/Challenger/Corvette/etc and you found it in this condition and bought it cheap, would you chop it up and make it worth less than it would be worth in original condition?

And jumping from one forum to another trying to incite a flame war is pretty pathetic to say the least. :bandit:

A great find!! Congrats :classic: For what my .02 cents are worth, Sell it as is, its everyones dream to find a Zcar in that great of a condition so few left, especially on the east coast. With the profit you could do almost anything with another Z. But, its your car, your decision. Best of Luck with whatever you decide.

Jim

1974 260Z - RLS30-020697 (01/74)

And jumping from one forum to another trying to incite a flame war is pretty pathetic to say the least. :bandit:

He'll have a hard time inciting a flame war here as we can only suggest what he should do with the car. If he chooses to butcher the car by making it a very common V8 conversion, no skin off our teeth. We've seen it done before and other fools will do it again. JMO

Vicky

He'll have a hard time inciting a flame war here as we can only suggest what he should do with the car. If he chooses to butcher the car by making it a very common V8 conversion, no skin off our teeth. We've seen it done before and other fools will do it again. JMO

Vicky

That was somewhat inflamatory, Vicky, but I love it! :devious:

There are still quite a lot of good clean 240s out there. There are but few that are in this condition vary few. I think it would be a vary big mistake to do a hybred mod. on this car . Especially since there are so many decent ones out there that have been slightly modifide already , mismatching numbers or a 5 speed or R-200 in there 240 . My friend just two days ago bought a vary clean '72 with a bad engine . It has only 90k on it . He is going to keep the block for the future , just to keep the numbers correct incase he decides to restore. I hate to see a cherry complete 240 get chopped up . My 2cts :sick:

You have got to be kidding...I'n not trying to start anything.I don't want drama between sites.I just wanted to share the story behind this 240z that found me....You guys can take it how you want it.I really didn't realize that the guys on this site take it so personal.I already have a 71 240Z with a 01 LS1/T56 swap and runs real fast but I plan on investing another 20K into 240z and wanted to start out with a good foundation.

I don't want to hack into this car at all.I removed the interior already and put it on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2486216197&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

I'm not sure if I should end the auction and sell the car just like it is or use it.I'm not even sure what it's worth to a collector.Is it to late because I removed to interior?????

This car is in better shape then I thought.There is no rust on the floor or the trunk or the usual spots on the quarters and fenders..Do you guys think I should find another donor?

normal_new%20Pictures%20265.jpg

normal_new%20Pictures%20263.jpg

normal_new%20Pictures%20267.jpg

normal_new%20Pictures%20211%7E0.jpg

normal_new%20Pictures%20209%7E1.jpg

normal_new%20Pictures%20209.jpg

Another way to look at is this, if that were a 73 Trans Am/Camaro/Cuda/Challenger/Corvette/etc and you found it in this condition and bought it cheap, would you chop it up and make it worth less than it would be worth in original condition?